Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

76 Pages«<7071727374>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bottabing  
#1421 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 10:43:02 AM(UTC)
Bottabing

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yeah, my external assessment status is now reflecting (completed) as of 11/24. Hopefully we will hear something soon.
lawdude  
#1422 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 12:51:34 PM(UTC)
lawdude

I was referred on 11/20 for the 16-CFPB-52 Examiner (Status) position...I did not have to take an assessment. Does it matter whether or not I was given an assessment at this point now that I am referred?
Bottabing  
#1423 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2015 8:08:18 AM(UTC)
Bottabing

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My announcement specifically stated once considered minimally qualified that I would receive an assessment from USAhire supplied with the link. From my understanding, if you have taken this assessment in the past ... You may not receive one (new assessment) because the assessment results will stay in their database for a year. From that I took that HR will use those results along with your resume, if this assessment has been taken before. So that is one reason you may not have received one... And if you were referred that's even better IMO... Your name will go to the hiring official... That's great news! Best of luck to you. Oh and did the announcement you applied actually state that you would be receiving an assessment ?
Nullifier  
#1424 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2015 10:36:35 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I've been lurking for a while and wanted to chime in. On 10/20/15 I applied for CFPB Examiner under job announcement # PH-16-RH-1520626.
The close date was listed as 10/30/15 or at midnight on the day the 750th application was received. They closed it the next day on Oct 21st so I got in under the wire, and we know there were 750 applicants. What I don't know is how many of the 750 made the initial cutoff and received the assessment tests "for qualified applicants".

One week later on 10/27/15 I received an email with the link to the assessment. I took it immediately as the message said there was a deadline. Part 1 was much more challenging than I thought it would be. Part 2 was a personality assessment and Part 3 was essay, those were easy for me.

I heard nothing until 12/01/15 when suddenly my status changed to "External Assessment Completed 11/24/2015". With the Thanksgiving holiday and the weekend, they must have been behind a few days in updating status on USA Jobs.

It still says 11/24 and I've heard nothing since.

I'm in the Atlanta area so it looks like username Bottabing might be competing with me (good luck to both of us). I don't know how many openings there will be or when the next round of activity will be. For comparison, my background is five years with FDIC doing very similar work...but there are a lot of us applicants. I'm willing to relocate wherever needed to take the job. This job is about 80% travel and about 20% work from home, so there are a lot of people that wouldn't want to travel that much...I consider it an adventure and enjoy the change of pace. I would also expect that there would be orientation and training sessions at CFPB headquarters in Wash DC at the beginning of the job. I'm not a commissioned examiner so I would not be eligible to come in at CN-52, under the new policy I'd come in at CN-40 through CN-51.

I'll update whenever my status changes. Y'all do the same. Good luck!

Edited by user Wednesday, December 9, 2015 10:40:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked for this useful post.
mr222 on 12/9/2015(UTC), abella79 on 12/9/2015(UTC)
abella79  
#1425 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:49:01 AM(UTC)
abella79

United States

Question?

I applied for the Examiner 51 position (Announcement ended on 11/6 after the 300th application was accepted), my profile was updated on 11/19 saying I was "referred to the selecting official".

My question is, are people receiving the assessment link before or after they are referred to the selecting official? Should I be expecting an email with an invitation to take the online assessment test(s) or did I skip this step and am being directly referred. I keep waiting for an email to take the assessment.....and still no email/link.

Was your status first "Referred to Selecting Official", then after taking the online assessment it changed to "External Assessment Completed" once you took the test?

Also, I called the help number and was told out of the 300 or so accepted applications, 52 were referred to the selecting official. What scares me, there were a couple more job announcements for this same position that went up and closed right before the one I applied for. That's a LOT of applications. Good luck to all!
Nullifier  
#1426 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:32:17 AM(UTC)

Getting the assessment invitation doesn't mean you're Referred to Selecting Offical. It just means you met minimum qualifications in order to be invited to take the assessment. You should get the assessment before being referred.

My status says "External Assessment Completed" but it does not say "Referred to Selecting Official". Here's what my letter says:

This is to acknowledge the receipt of the application materials you submitted for the
job opportunity announcement (JOA) shown above. We will assess your qualifications
based upon your responses and all other materials requested in the JOA.
If you are found preliminarily eligible for the position:
1. You will receive an email message inviting you to complete an online assessment
battery. Please ensure your email account settings will allow an email from a “.gov”
email address. If not, the email may appear in a “Spam” or “Junk” folder. NOTE:
Applicants requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for the assessments will not receive
an email message until after the request has been adjudicated. An Accommodation
Coordinator will contact you with further details if you requested a Reasonable
Accommodation for the assessments.
2. You must complete all of the assessments to be considered for the position. These
assessments will be used to make hiring decisions and should be taken seriously.
3. After you complete all of the assessments and your supporting documentation is
reviewed, you will be notified of the results with an e-mail message.
4. If you have not received the link to the assessment within 24 hours of the closing
date and you meet the minimum qualifications for the position, you should contact
HelpDesk@USAHire.opm.gov to request the invitation to be re-sent.
If you are found ineligible for the position:
1. You will receive an email message notifying you of your ineligibility.
2. Your USAJOBS account will be updated to reflect your ineligibility for the position.
3. You will not be considered for the position.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
mddlrthr2 on 12/10/2015(UTC)
Nullifier  
#1427 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:51:38 AM(UTC)

If you do get an email with a link to the assessment, be sure to take the assessment promptly! One of my colleagues got his email on a Friday night but he was busy all weekend. He went back on Monday and tried to take the assessment but his 'window' had expired. He missed out--and he was more qualified than me (a commissioned FDIC bank examiner).

Check your spam and junk mail inboxes to make sure you didn't miss the email. Good luck!
mddlrthr2 on 12/10/2015(UTC)
FedCivServ  
#1428 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:37:27 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 141 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LaVee Go to Quoted Post
You must already work for the federal government to be considered as a status Examiner. I applied within the initial 5 days but just received my rating for 4B as eligible through self-certification.

However,I do think I may be better suited for the Consumer Financial Protection Analyst position. I have a MBA, MPA, and a Master in Proj MGMT and am working on my final (YES FINAL):) DOCTORATE DEGREE in organizational development and change. The 5 days ended on the 13th and am awaiting results for this position. I wouldn't think they would have that much time to interview. Therefore, reading the announcement again---your pay will be set at how your resume is worded, etc.

To make a long story short, I will take whatever job they offer to get out of private industry.

Maybe they are trying to get everyone on board around mid-June...just in case you have to relocate. I live in Oklahoma City by job transfer and will take the first suitable job offer I get.

Oh---don't know how many they are hiring but I assume internal comes first.

Thanks for your repeated responses because they are very helpful

Not to be nosy but... you want to work for the govt w/ all that education? Why not try academia? the pay might not be better but they would value your credentials. It's funny that you are in industry and can't wait to go w the govt and lots of govvies on here want to trade places w/ you...
Nullifier  
#1429 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2015 2:14:50 PM(UTC)

I don't know how many they will be hiring but when I was at FDIC two years ago, the CFPB sent two recruiters to our office for an informational meeting. At that time, they said that they would be needing hundreds of Examiners to work with the thousands of financial companies that would be subject to CFPB regulations.

For what it's worth, we (FDIC employees) were told we had exactly the type of skill sets they were looking for at CFPB. However, I don't know of a single one of my FDIC colleagues who got hired at CFPB. So....who knows?
Nullifier  
#1430 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 11:41:42 AM(UTC)

UPDATE: I'm OUT. Today, Fri, Dec, 11, 2015. I received the email saying I was eligible and qualified, but not in the top group to be referred. I received the email three times, once for each of the grade levels I applied for.

Bad news for me, but good news for others reading this, because it means they are actively moving through the applications. GOOD LUCK. KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR PROGRESS.

Here's the message I got:

Location Negotiable After Selection

We have reviewed your application and found you qualified for the position listed above. However, you were not among the most highly

qualified candidates. Therefore, your name will not be referred to the employing agency at this time. If we receive a request from the

agency for additional candidates, or another agency requests a list of eligibles for a very similar position within the next 90 days, your

application will again be reviewed for possible referral.

Thank you for your interest in Federal employment.
Retired_2012 on 12/11/2015(UTC)
Retired_2012  
#1431 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 12:02:37 PM(UTC)
Retired_2012

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I applied back around Oct 20, 2015 and took assessment the next day, but haven't heard anything until today. I got this.

Considered For: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Duty Location:

Location Negotiable After Selection

We have reviewed your application and found you qualified for the position listed above. Your name has been referred to the employing

agency for consideration.

Maybe I get an interview!
thanks 1 user thanked Retired_2012 for this useful post.
Nullifier on 12/11/2015(UTC)
Nullifier  
#1432 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 12:31:45 PM(UTC)

Congrats to you. Would you mind telling us your background, it would help to know what kind of things they are looking for.

Edited by user Friday, December 11, 2015 12:33:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Retired_2012  
#1433 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 12:40:25 PM(UTC)
Retired_2012

United States

I'm a retired Command Sergeant Major (VA Disability) 10 pt preference, with background in budgets and management. I have a BS in Business Management.
thanks 2 users thanked Retired_2012 for this useful post.
Nullifier on 12/11/2015(UTC), mddlrthr2 on 12/12/2015(UTC)
Retired_2012  
#1434 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 12:44:49 PM(UTC)
Retired_2012

United States

It could of also been luck that not a lot of people applied in my area. Who knows. Not getting my hopes up. I've applied for countless positions since my retirement in Dec 2012, some interviews, many rejections, no offers. Fingers crossed.

Edited by user Friday, December 11, 2015 12:49:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nullifier  
#1435 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 12:54:34 PM(UTC)

I didn't make the cut on this one, but an hour later I got a referral for a very similar job at another agency. Let's see what happens.

Please keep us all posted and let us know if you get an offer. It would be great to have an "inside contact" at the agency. :)

Retired_2012  
#1436 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 12:56:31 PM(UTC)
Retired_2012

United States

Would love to get an offer without an interview to speed up the process.
Airborne_Vet  
#1437 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 9:32:21 AM(UTC)
Airborne_Vet

Hey Guys,

I too received a referral to the selecting official yesterday.

I'm a 10 point vet as well. I have degrees in finance and accounting. I'm a GS-12 Financial Management Analyst. (Cost Estimator/Budget Analyst).

I am currently working in El Segundo but I want to move to Atlanta.

Examiner
Job Number: 16-CFPB-52
Pay Plan: CN-0570-51
Organization: Other Agencies and Independent Organizations, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Examiner
Job Number: PH-16-RH-1520626
Pay Plan: CN-0570-07/09
Organization: Other Agencies and Independent Organizations, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

I probably wont even get an interview.
FederalAttyWanabe  
#1438 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 9:54:30 AM(UTC)
FederalAttyWanabe

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi all,

I also received the qualified but not among the best qualified e-mail. I wish they told me the score I got on my assessment. I felt pretty confident during each session. Ahh well, congrats to all who were referred.
Nullifier  
#1439 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 10:00:44 AM(UTC)

Congrats to all who got a referral --- let us know if you get interviewed, hired, etc. And good luck to those (including me) who didn't.
mddlrthr2  
#1440 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 10:29:13 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I'm seeing more and more agencies not posting scores or even giving you your scores...probably not wanting to go through litigation.

Edited by user Saturday, December 12, 2015 10:30:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FederalAttyWanabe on 12/15/2015(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed