Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gls007  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2011 5:31:49 AM(UTC)
gls007

Groups: Registered

Could someone please tell me what a company means when they have the following in their job description:

Security Clearance Level
Secret

Security Clearance Basis Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)

If I already have an active Secret what would I have to go thru to apply for a position with this description?
liaisonguy  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 3:21:23 AM(UTC)
liaisonguy

Groups: Registered

Read through the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_clearance
It's likely that your secret was based on a National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check rather than a SSBI.  If your current secret clearance wasn't based on a SSBI, then you'll be required to fill out the SF-86 for that type of investigation.   If your secret was based on a SSBI, but more that 5 years ago, you'll have to have the periodic reinvestigation started.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed