Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spaulding  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 6:04:36 AM(UTC)
spaulding

Groups: Registered

Anyone have experience with HR at GSA? whether they are slower than most, etc... I've been waiting to hear a long while on a superior qualifications appointment request. Despite assurances that it should be "any time now, we're waiting for one more signature", no word, no return calls, etc...
Thanks. 
Fem vet  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2011 5:02:18 AM(UTC)
Fem vet

spaulding wrote:
Anyone have experience with HR at GSA? whether they are slower than most, etc... I've been waiting to hear a long while on a superior qualifications appointment request. Despite assurances that it should be "any time now, we're waiting for one more signature", no word, no return calls, etc...
Thanks. 
They seem to be rather slow to me. I have interviewed for 3 positions with GSA and have received no feedback from HR, no return calls or emails. One of the jobs I interviewed for was 6 months ago.  
Yabadu  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:54:25 PM(UTC)
Yabadu

I've had a lot of experience with GSA HR Cry....

Consider the possibility that they haven't  replied because they have have purposely "lost" your application and completed the selection process without including you on the selection certification.   Confused
jayro83  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 6:20:42 PM(UTC)
jayro83

My experience with GSA is pretty good so far, i applied for a realty special job, when announcement closed, i was i set up for an interview 2 wks later, had a 2nd interview 4 days later, and was sent a T.O 3 days afterwards.  So I was hired 1 mth after announce closed which is pretty fast.  Now all i have to do is background, which shouldnt take that long since i have a secret clearance already. Hopefully start date should be in a mt or 2.  So in a span of 3 mts i should be starting

spaulding  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 3:16:31 AM(UTC)
spaulding

What region?
Senator15  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2012 10:26:17 PM(UTC)
Senator15

So I have received a "Best Qualified, based on responses, resume, and additional information...referred to selecting official". I then received a message from an HR rep on the announcement stating that, I "may" receive a call for an interview within 90 days" and that I was again "referred to a selecting official". 90 days ? Is this typical ? has anyone heard back sooner than that ? Northeast Region NY...    
Yabadu  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2012 11:07:47 PM(UTC)
Yabadu

Good Morning Senator,

GSA can do "pretty-much whatever they wish" in this area.  
Senator15  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 12:10:17 AM(UTC)
Senator15

Yabadu,
Thanks for the info. I currently work for another Fed Agency and I really think this is a great opportunity with GSA. With that being said, If I would have known the lack of info GSA HR does not share with you, I might have not even bothered with an application. I have asked a couple of pertinent questions to the HR Rep and have received little to no info as a response, sad.
My questions were "academy" location, length and timeline involved for hiring process. When I asked my current agency HR people these type of questions a few years ago, they were more than happy to share all kinds of info. I hope it works out !! Just not used to the lack of response.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed