Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lily_Bart  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:46:57 AM(UTC)
Lily_Bart

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone, the July hiring event is almost here, so I thought I'd start this forum for applicants to share their experiences, ask questions, and cheer each other on. (Other NGA and Federal applicants are welcome, too!) I applied for a GEOINT position as a Regional Geographer. My status still says "eligibility not determined" even at this late date. Not sure if that means HR is swamped and hasn't had time to update statuses (I assumed it would change if I was referred), or if I'm already out of the running. I guess I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks whether I've been selected for an interview, but I'm just wondering what other applicants have experienced so far.

Thanks, and good luck to all!

Lily_Bart2011-06-21 13:11:54
RZ_4850  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 5:59:44 AM(UTC)
RZ_4850

Lily_bart,

When did you apply? If it was a general hiring event (with, I assume, thousands of applicants) it may take up to 3 months between the day of applying and the actual call for an interview.

I applied in January and was called for an interview in the beginning of April ... Have no idea, though, when they updated my status to Referred as I had totally forgotten about this position and applied out of curiosity LOL

Good luck!

RZ_48502011-06-21 14:05:29
Lily_Bart  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:23:05 AM(UTC)
Lily_Bart

Hi RZ, thanks for replying and nice to meet you.

I've read the posts on the NGA April Hiring Event forum, so I'm familiar with what you and others have gone through so far. I applied in early May as part of the July hiring event (apps accepted April 18-May 13). Based on the timeline of the April hiring event, I assume that HR will call to schedule interviews in the first week of July, with interviews taking place at the end of July. I'm just wondering why my status is still "eligibility not determined" - I would think that interview selections would already be well underway given that HR has to call those people in a couple of weeks. From what I read in the April hiring event forum, it seemed that applicants had an update or two before they got the interview call.  

federalhopeful11  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:20:20 AM(UTC)
federalhopeful11

Hey there, I also applied to the NGA hiring event.  I checked my status a few days ago (I check every week), and I was referred to the program administration careers opening.  I'm hoping to hear something back from them, since working for the government truly is what I want to focus my career on.

This is what my status page shows:

Entry Level Hiring Event - Program Administration Career Opportunities
Application Status:
HD Preliminary Screen
Status Reason:
Referred
Lily_Bart  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:36:31 AM(UTC)
Lily_Bart

Hi fedhopeful, thanks for sharing. Congratulations!

I'm in "Intelligence Analysis and Scientific Career Opportunities", and my application status is simply "applied" with reason as "elig not determ". If you've only been referred in the past week, perhaps the preliminary screens are underway and the system is gradually being updated. It gives me a bit of hope that I may hear something soon, one way or the other. In any case, good luck, and keep us posted!

federalhopeful11  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:54:20 AM(UTC)
federalhopeful11

Yeah, it was really recent for me so I'm sure that they're working on all that stuff now.  When I applied to the April hiring event, it at least let me know whether I was referred or not by the time people started getting calls for interviews.  

I hope that I can get called for an interview this time around, since I was referred and heard nothing last time...though it was for higher bands anyway compared to entry level.  
Creatre  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2011 10:11:24 PM(UTC)
Creatre

I applied for this event along with the past 4 others (since aug 10). Really hoping I finally get an interview on this one considering I actually have a degree in hand now, instead of in progress. I have no idea why I can't even get an interview for Intelligence Analysis when I was recommended by an employee and a degree in Geography, Certificate in GIS, and minor in US History along with 3 semester of remote sensing classes and familiar with ERDAS Imagine and Definiens eCognition.

/crossfingers but not getting hopes up after almost 12 months of KC Final Screen non selections.
"Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again."
Lily_Bart  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2011 10:33:24 AM(UTC)
Lily_Bart

Wow, Creatre, that's so frustrating! I'd think you'd be an ideal candidate - at least worthy of an interview. Plus, you have an employee recommendation. If you're having trouble getting to the interview stage, that doesn't bode well for the rest of us : p. Hopefully, you'll be lucky this time now that you have your degree in hand. Keep us posted!

federalhopeful11  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:43:52 PM(UTC)
federalhopeful11

So its finally July.  Anyone else have updates on their status?  Hopefully starting next week, they'll start to schedule the interviews!  Big smile

RZ_4850  
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:49:56 PM(UTC)
RZ_4850

My status changed to Referred early this week. So, I guess only time will tell what will happen.
Lily_Bart  
#11 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 3:26:35 AM(UTC)
Lily_Bart

I was referred earlier this week, too! I agree - we'll hear about interview selection next week. Good luck to us!  

Creatre  
#12 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 1:11:06 PM(UTC)
Creatre

Lily_Bart wrote:
I was referred earlier this week, too! I agree - we'll hear about interview selection next week. Good luck to us!  

I was referred this week also.

/Crossingfingers this one works out!
"Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again."
Catfish2  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 9:37:38 PM(UTC)
Catfish2

Anyone else noticing the NGA recruitment page has been offline for a week?
RZ_4850  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 9:48:34 PM(UTC)
RZ_4850

I am not sure what you mean by being "offline", but they just posted a few other positions on the 5th. As far as my applicant's status it still says the same "Referred"...
federalhopeful11  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 10:04:42 PM(UTC)
federalhopeful11

It was up the past few days when I checked.  Today is the first I've seen it down.

Aviator82  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2011 12:49:59 AM(UTC)
Aviator82

The site was up when I checked. My status indicates "Referred" even after 70+ days. I'm worried because the status definition says I should receive an online status withing 30-60 days from when I was referred.
federalhopeful11  
#17 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 1:28:48 AM(UTC)
federalhopeful11

Sweet, just got the interview call!  Stand by your phones. Smile federalhopeful112011-07-08 09:34:12
Lily_Bart  
#18 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 1:35:24 AM(UTC)
Lily_Bart

Hey, I was just writing a post on here to ask if anyone has gotten the call. Congrats on the interview! I'm standing by....Anyone else out there hear anything?
RZ_4850  
#19 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 1:38:35 AM(UTC)
RZ_4850

No call for me yet. Congrats to the ones who had gotten theirs already! Makes for an exciting weekend!
Creatre  
#20 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2011 12:45:49 PM(UTC)
Creatre

federalhopeful11 wrote:
Sweet, just got the interview call!  Stand by your phones. Smile

Ah man, lucky!

I'm really hoping this one will finally go through for me, but not call yet. I thought it usually took longer between referred and interviewing, so not too worried yet.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed