Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Training and Certification

Whether you want to improve your skills, boost your resume or prepare for a new job opportunity, training and certification programs and resources can help you achieve your goals. With the right program and resource, you will be more productive and this will help you climb the career ladder.

Here is a forum to ask questions about a particular program, to exchange insight on which is the right training, to share which certifications are the best to attain, to seek out what to do first, and to offer recommendations to others.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
springwater  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2011 7:48:04 AM(UTC)
springwater

Groups: Registered

So I still have 2 years left on my GI Bill benefits and would like to put them to good use in a non-degree program. Anyone have any suggestions? I would like something that I can apply in both the public and private sector. What about the COMPTIA program?
truotsuko  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 6:05:33 AM(UTC)
truotsuko

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Look into WGU, it is very cost effective (GI Bill actually ends up paying you about $800 after you pay tuition), and you get a whole lot of IT certificates, they are fully accredited nationwide. www.wgu.edu
aplcr0331  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 6:23:51 AM(UTC)
aplcr0331

It depends on your career field. COMPTIA Security+ is a good start if you want to work in Federal IT, especially if you are looking at the DoD side of the house. What is your career field? Do you already have a Masters degree?
And only in America do we want the system to force us to do the right thing so we can take the credit.
mrgregory29  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 2:07:14 AM(UTC)
mrgregory29

Checkout the link below. I just moved to San Antonio and I came across this company at a job fair. You can get IT Certs through them using your Post 9/11. I'm starting Dec 5th. They're in different states.

http://www.newhorizons.com/LocalWeb/default.aspx?TemplateID=14&GroupId=438

Clark30  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:55:41 AM(UTC)
Clark30

they are also on the VA approval list for post 9/11 g.i. bill:

http://www.trainace.com/
Fed1969  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 11:28:53 PM(UTC)
Fed1969

In addition to IT, you could look into some long needed skills such as electrician or plumber.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed