Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jmorgan  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 7:35:19 AM(UTC)
jmorgan

Groups: Registered

Does anybody know which postal exam I have to take for the PSE clerk position. I have been studying the 473. Is the 460 also part of that exam also?   jmorgan
stevenyanowsky  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 8:35:00 PM(UTC)
stevenyanowsky

The 473 is the exam for this position.
jmorgan  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 11:40:29 PM(UTC)
jmorgan

I have been studying the 473 si that works out good. Do you have any pointers on the memorization part of it. thanks for answering.jmorgan
merrymerry6  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 11:40:56 PM(UTC)
merrymerry6

I think 460 might have been the old number for this test. The 473 is called the "battery exam" because it covers postal clerks at plants as well as at post offices, including Sales and Distribution jobs and others.

stevenyanowsky  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 11:46:09 PM(UTC)
stevenyanowsky

I suggest you spend the bulk of your time studying on the memorization part.  I suggest you purchase a study guide or 2 or borrow them from the library.  The more you take practice tests the better you will get.  Actually the PSE I took the memory part was easier than in a lot of the practice tests but still I confused some of the items.  I dont know if youve been keeping up with this test but basically a high score is in the mid to high 80's.  Very few score 90 or above. 

Yes, practice other parts of the test but they are easy compared to the memory part.

Keep taking the same memory tests over till you get 100 or a score that satisfies you.  Maybe 35 out of the 36 right.  My mistake was not leaving enough days to study as I just wanted to get the test over with.

TexasClk  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 12:44:23 AM(UTC)
TexasClk

The guides definitely help.  I remember having one (28 years ago but that part of the test is the same) that had tips like all the streets starting with B were in one block and all the streets with tree names were in one block.  The 1st time I took the test, without the guide, I made in the low 80s.  The last time I took the test, with the guide and much practice, I made 100.
stevenyanowsky  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 12:52:17 AM(UTC)
stevenyanowsky

Well with this test if you make a 90 you are doing great.
I couldnt believe I got a 79 but then found out its pretty much equivalent to a 90 on other tests.
Even with that i was disappointed as i usually score in mid 90s and up.

Keep memorizing and youll be fine but dont expect higher than an 88-90 score, no matter what you do.

Steve

Rss Feed  Atom Feed