Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NSPS - National Security Personnel System

NSPS is the Department of Defense's (DoD) flexible and responsive civilian management system that: (1) values performance and contribution, (2) encourages communication, (3) supports broader skill development, and (4) promotes excellence in the workplace

NSPS modernizes a 50-year-old civil service system, allowing DoD to better attract, recruit, retain, compensate, reward and manage employees. The system focuses on people, performance, and employment decisions that are cost-effective and best for business practice.

(source: Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Service)

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alrcsd  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 1:10:42 AM(UTC)
alrcsd

Groups: Registered

I have a question; I was recently caught up in the NSPS to GS conversion fiasco.  I was originally hired on as YA-02, GS-12 Step 5 pay equivalent.  First I was classified as a GS-09 Step 00. After much consternation and review I have been reclassified as a GS-11 but because my pay is topped out past a GS-11 Step 10 I will never see a WIGI.  Are there any remedies for this problem?  Thx!

simchief  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:08:16 AM(UTC)
simchief

Welcome to craziness of NSPS to GS conversion; rules state a qualified HRO classifier will review your NSPS position description/duties and determine correct GS grade of your position, you then are placed on that grade pay scale; YC-02 spanned GS-9 through GS14.

Annual Pay Increases, sometimes referred to as COLA are currently not being given; you will not get any increase to your pay until that ban is lifted.

Some GS-14's that were transitioned into NSPS at YC-02 are now, after conversion back to GS,  GS-12/00.

All will be revealed at:

http://cpol.army.mil/library/general/nsps/docs-repeal/DoD_Transition_Guidance_Ch-6_2010-11-05.pdf

I'll be shoveling along: <br />Digger O'Dell
nodog  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:24:32 PM(UTC)
nodog

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I feel your pain as I ended up in the same situation. However, I will be leaving here to go to another command within the next four months. I ended up dropping from a GS-14 to a GS-13 Step 00. Even though I didn't loose any pay if I stayed here I would recieve no time-in-grade increases or QSI's no matter how outstanding a job I do. When I go to the other command is going to be interesting because I will be going from a GS-13 position to a GS-14 position. That means it is NOT a lateral transfer but a PROMOTION. The interesting part comes in to find out if I will be promoted as though I was a 13 Step 10 or from my actual pay. From a 13 step 10 I would end up as a 14 step 7 and from my actual pay (going to the next nearest step and up two) I would end up as a 14 step 8. Has anyone else already experienced this? If so how was it computed?
simchief  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:03:58 PM(UTC)
simchief

nodog: inquiring minds want to know how your transfer and "promotion" goes, especially how they handle pay setting; I would hope you are placed at GS-14, step 8.

Good luck!

I'll be shoveling along: <br />Digger O'Dell
nodog  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 2:56:13 AM(UTC)
nodog

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks SimChief, I'll post back when it happens. It's suppose to take place before the end of fiscal but we'll see.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed