Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

34 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
birdy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:38:56 AM(UTC)
birdy

Groups: Registered

I recently submitted my application for the new announcement. 
I just wanted to start a thread and see who else has just recently applied and also keep eachother updated on any phase I invites that are received in the near future.

I have been waiting to apply for awhile now and am curious where it goes. 
ccia84  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:57:01 AM(UTC)
ccia84

I applied on 8/8 and received my phase 1 invite today. Seems they're moving fairly quick so far.
BBH801  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:49:00 AM(UTC)
BBH801

I too applied around 8/8, but I haven't heard anything back yet.  The AC for my area said they will start testing "over the next few weeks."  Good luck to you all.  I hear the process is tough.  
birdy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:00:56 AM(UTC)
birdy

You actually spoke to someone at your are field office? i tried but got no response..

i applied only about 5 or 6 days ago so hopefully i hear something in the next couple of weeks.
do they give you a choice of days and times to take phase 1? just in case i have work commitments on the day they invite me for.. I sometimes have appointments and jobs that im on that I would not be able to get out of.  also getting married in 6 weeks and going on honeymoon after that, hopefully that wont be a problem although someone on another thread said that it shouldnt be too much of an issue if i explain to them.
BBH801  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:15:36 AM(UTC)
BBH801

I was able to speak with someone.  I just asked for the recruiting department and they forwarded me there.  I left a message and they called back.  Also, check the announcement on USAjobs website for your area and it will give you an email address.  That's how I was able to speak with a Applicant Coordinator.  It took her a bit to get back in touch with me as well.  

I'm new to this whole thing too, so don't feel alone with all of your questions.  As far as scheduling goes, it seems if it's at a center you will schedule it within some time period.  Don't take that as gospel though.  The person I talked to was somewhat unsure they would be able to roll that system out this time around.  Congrats on getting married.  I got married a little over a month ago.  
birdy  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:32:45 AM(UTC)
birdy

BBH801 wrote:
I was able to speak with someone.  I just asked for the recruiting department and they forwarded me there.  I left a message and they called back.  Also, check the announcement on USAjobs website for your area and it will give you an email address.  That's how I was able to speak with a Applicant Coordinator.  It took her a bit to get back in touch with me as well.  

I'm new to this whole thing too, so don't feel alone with all of your questions.  As far as scheduling goes, it seems if it's at a center you will schedule it within some time period.  Don't take that as gospel though.  The person I talked to was somewhat unsure they would be able to roll that system out this time around.  Congrats on getting married.  I got married a little over a month ago.  
thanks. congratulations to you too..
how does your new wife/husband feel about the possibility of you going away for 5 months and moving to a new city? 
i keep talking to my fiance about it and she keeps saying its ok with her if its what i really want to do...not sure if she means it or not though..lol
BBH801  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:06:11 AM(UTC)
BBH801

The wife is ok with it too.  Surprisingly, she's somewhat excited about the prospects.  The 5 month thing wouldn't make her too happy, but not a deal breaker.  
NYEN  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:13:38 AM(UTC)
NYEN

hey guys ... sent my app in on 8/5 ... i was at work and got the email that they have started taking apps for SA again ... i think i was so excited i submitted mine in within 30 minutes ...lol..

I guess AZ field office didn't get as many apps as other field offices, so i guess u got a P1 date already .. congrats hopefully the rest of us will hear something soon ... i applied out of the Dallas, TX field office ... so lets see...

is everyone in good shape .. I have been working out for the past 3 weeks now and will continue everyday ... i was in great shape but for the past 2 years i have let go a little so got to make that up now....

and i don't think they let you pick the days for P1 ... its set o a day ... and your choice if u can make it or not....  i don't know what everones job status is but this is a once in a life time chance so I would whatever it takes to be there for the test.

but that's just me ... lol
birdy  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:30:35 AM(UTC)
birdy

NYEN wrote:
hey guys ... sent my app in on 8/5 ... i was at work and got the email that they have started taking apps for SA again ... i think i was so excited i submitted mine in within 30 minutes ...lol.. I guess AZ field office didn't get as many apps as other field offices, so i guess u got a P1 date already .. congrats hopefully the rest of us will hear something soon ... i applied out of the Dallas, TX field office ... so lets see...is everyone in good shape .. I have been working out for the past 3 weeks now and will continue everyday ... i was in great shape but for the past 2 years i have let go a little so got to make that up now.... and i don't think they let you pick the days for P1 ... its set o a day ... and your choice if u can make it or not....  i don't know what everones job status is but this is a once in a life time chance so I would whatever it takes to be there for the test. but that's just me ... lol
I agree to do whatever it takes but unfortunately I have a job that requires me to see clients and sometimes very profitable client jobs that I'm already scheduled for. Wouldn't want to screw up with my current job for a possible one. Any normal day where I was just in my office I would definitely call out sick. Just hoping it doesn't fall on one of those days or on my wedding day or during my honeymoon.
About the pft. I been starting to work out again over the past month or so. But haven't done much running. I guess I need to start and build up my endurance and shed a few pounds just in case.
birdy  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:32:37 AM(UTC)
birdy

NYEN wrote:
hey guys ... sent my app in on 8/5 ... i was at work and got the email that they have started taking apps for SA again ... i think i was so excited i submitted mine in within 30 minutes ...lol.. I guess AZ field office didn't get as many apps as other field offices, so i guess u got a P1 date already .. congrats hopefully the rest of us will hear something soon ... i applied out of the Dallas, TX field office ... so lets see...is everyone in good shape .. I have been working out for the past 3 weeks now and will continue everyday ... i was in great shape but for the past 2 years i have let go a little so got to make that up now.... and i don't think they let you pick the days for P1 ... its set o a day ... and your choice if u can make it or not....  i don't know what everones job status is but this is a once in a life time chance so I would whatever it takes to be there for the test. but that's just me ... lol

Nyen, did you get called yet for phase 1?
Well good luck to you and everyone else. Maybe we will see eachother at quantico.!!
NYEN  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:51:34 AM(UTC)
NYEN

have not heard anything yet ... i was told by other people about 3 weeks i should hear something back ... ..

birdy i know what you mean ... about a possible opportunity.. i have a good job but i hope everything works out with the FBI ... I hear phase 1 is the easiest part ..lol after that everything gets complicated or better word would be intense  ..lol

what state are you applying from Birdy ...

NYEN  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:55:04 AM(UTC)
NYEN

I am glad you started this thread ... it nice to keep track on what to expect rather then reading 40 pages of older threads... it will be interesting to hear what people are thinking.
hyacinthgirl  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:27:39 PM(UTC)
hyacinthgirl

I applied on 8/5 as well but haven't heard anything back. I keep worrying that parts of my app weren't received because I had to fax them. I got a confirmation letter but still feel like I'm missing something. Is there a way to double-check that everything was turned in or received? Should I call my field office? I don't want to bug anyone, ha.
hyacinthgirl  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:31:36 PM(UTC)
hyacinthgirl

Also, if I figure out how to attach my transcripts and stuff and do it now, will it move my application to brand-new again? I'm worried it would get kicked out of the system somehow.
birdy  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:09:58 PM(UTC)
birdy

hyacinthgirl wrote:
I applied on 8/5 as well but haven't heard anything back. I keep worrying that parts of my app weren't received because I had to fax them. I got a confirmation letter but still feel like I'm missing something. Is there a way to double-check that everything was turned in or received? Should I call my field office? I don't want to bug anyone, ha.
same thing with me..i faxed transcripts and got an email saying accepted but in usajobs still says zero documents uploaded..hopefully they got them
birdy  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:10:59 PM(UTC)
birdy

NYEN wrote:
have not heard anything yet ... i was told by other people about 3 weeks i should hear something back ... ..

birdy i know what you mean ... about a possible opportunity.. i have a good job but i hope everything works out with the FBI ... I hear phase 1 is the easiest part ..lol after that everything gets complicated or better word would be intense  ..lol

what state are you applying from Birdy ... 

New Yorkbirdy2011-08-18 06:16:29
NYEN  
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 3:13:57 AM(UTC)
NYEN

hey birdy and hyacinthgirl... don't worry about USAJOBS it takes forever to up date ... the best way is to go in the applied section click on the more information link for the SA position and go to the end and review the app at the end it will tell you if your fax was received.

In most cases It will take about 3 weeks at least to hear anything back ..  

BoSox11  
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 3:44:25 AM(UTC)
BoSox11

Just thought I would throw some info to the new applicants. I flunked out of the process before my class date, damn fit test in pouring rain killed me, not an excuse though. This process will move fast, very fast. You could be taking the PFT before you know it and it is hard. Make sure you listen about the PFT protocol and scoring, its no joke and train for the fit test by actually doing mock tests.  Dont get discouraged, I failed phase 2 the first time and passed on my 6 month retest. I grinded through the PFT and came up just short. It is a grind, good luck. If the PFT is the killer for you try IRS CI, still need to be in shape but the fitness requirements are much easier to meet. BoSox112011-08-18 11:49:58
curto  
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:38:23 AM(UTC)
curto

I applied on Monday (8/15).  At least, that's when I got all of my faxes in.  My colleges sure took their sweet time on the transcripts!

I followed the "more information" link under the application status column in your Application Status tab at USAJOBS.  It takes you over to the FBI website, and under your Application Detail box, there is a link that says"You may review and update the documents if needed."  Click on there, and it will show if they have your faxes.

I have slowly slipped from my basketball years in HS, and now rushing to get in better shape.  I tested in what I would call "ideal" conditions and got a 9.  That's with a big ole minus 2 for the pushups.  Yesterday, I did 22 really good pushups (I record myself with my phone to make sure I go low enough).  I just hope I can get from 22 to 30 before I take the PFT.

Who am I kidding, I hope to just get to the PFT!

unbredelephant  
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:53:18 AM(UTC)
unbredelephant

Quick question.  I'm a senior in college and I will be graduating in May 2012.  Because the application process takes so long would it be appropriate for me to apply now?

Thanks in advance,

Rss Feed  Atom Feed