Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

7 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mz_JujuDee  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 10:37:33 AM(UTC)
Mz_JujuDee

Groups: Registered

Does everyone get the orientation letter in the mail or do some receive it through email? How long after the medical exam did everyone wait to receive a response for offer of employment?
FYI: took medical exam Aug 18, Thursday for PSE position.
Beppo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 10:43:21 PM(UTC)
Beppo

All my correspondence has been through email. I think getting medical done is almost a sure sign you got hired or they wouldn't waste the money, but don't take my word for it. I got the word to show up to work about two weeks after I did the drug screen.
TexasClk  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 12:11:18 AM(UTC)
TexasClk

They normally only have orientation at the beginning of a pay period - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of Week 1.  So it's only every other week unless they do a special one.  They're not even suposed to have you fill out the medical questionnaire unless they're offering you the job.  They can't bring you on board until the nurses clear you so make sure you answer your phone in case they have questions.
Mz_JujuDee  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 2:08:07 AM(UTC)
Mz_JujuDee

Thank you much. I am being patient but I cant help being antsy. i'm stuck between continuing to wait or accepting any other job offer 'case they call me. I am reading a lot of these posts and some ppl have past that stage and months have already passed n they havent heard anything back. but i agree @texasclk, about the pay period. i found a postal employees calendar online which shows their pay period and I been trying to guess when they would have me start if they sent the letter.
binkbink8777  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 2:09:58 AM(UTC)
binkbink8777

They called and asked me to show up at post office for training and then they sent me the orientation letter.
Mz_JujuDee  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 2:13:46 AM(UTC)
Mz_JujuDee

recently? @binkbink8777
Mz_JujuDee  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 2:18:47 AM(UTC)
Mz_JujuDee

Mz_JujuDee wrote:
recently? @binkbink8777

recently?
binkbink8777  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 7:19:40 AM(UTC)
binkbink8777

yes, I started my job about a week ago.  They sent me an email orientation letter after they called me.
Mz_JujuDee  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 7:38:41 AM(UTC)
Mz_JujuDee

binkbink8777 wrote:
yes, I started my job about a week ago.  They sent me an email orientation letter after they called me.

congrats!
royalchubsta  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:50:08 AM(UTC)
royalchubsta

royalchubsta  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:56:23 AM(UTC)
royalchubsta

Hey guys.. Well I finally got the email for the interview after patiently waiting.. I don't know what to expect on the interview day or how long will my day be.. I'm assuming there will probably be other people as well.  I think is for PSE Clerk.. which i'm also scared of b/c I've read horros stories on this site about the "clerk" position.. Ermm  anyone has any insights.. or can share what the interview process is like... thanks guys oh and congrats to BinkBink! How do u like it so far?

Mz_JujuDee  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 11:28:18 AM(UTC)
Mz_JujuDee

Mz_JujuDee wrote:

binkbink8777 wrote:

congrats!

Thanks for your reply guys. i just got my email today and I'll be working at the office in my town!! how God-send is that??!! i'm thrilled and will definitely appreciate this opportunity even tho the word is the layoff's are increasing. But i read that its the plants that are closing and fortunately I'll be in an office, at the window.
Mz_JujuDee  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 11:31:02 AM(UTC)
Mz_JujuDee

royalchubsta wrote:
Hey guys.. Well I finally got the email for the interview after patiently waiting.. I don't know what to expect on the interview day or how long will my day be.. I'm assuming there will probably be other people as well.  I think is for PSE Clerk.. which i'm also scared of b/c I've read horros stories on this site about the "clerk" position.. Ermm  anyone has any insights.. or can share what the interview process is like... thanks guys oh and congrats to BinkBink! How do u like it so far?

yes it will be other applicants there. They will have you review your application to make corrections, talk about the position and benefits a little bit, fingerprint you, and u will interview with a postmaster
binkbink8777  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2011 2:00:34 AM(UTC)
binkbink8777

Now that I got used to it.  The job is alright.  Well job is a job.  I just show up for work and go home and and get pay every two weeks.
royalchubsta  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2011 2:13:40 AM(UTC)
royalchubsta

BinkBink- What do you do as a PSE Clerk? Do you work AM's or PM's? What State are u in? 

Beppo  
#16 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2011 11:05:17 PM(UTC)
Beppo

I've had 5 separate job interviews over the past 2 years with the post office, all for different jobs (2 of them I got hired for: Casual Mailhandler and then PSE Clerk) and not one of them was difficult.
Compared to every other job interview I've ever had in my life, all of my post office interviews were unique because a.) The interviewer does most of the talking; and b.) They've almost always been done in groups of 5-10 candidates at the same time. My experience with post office job "interviews" has been mostly the interviewer simply describing the job and what to expect from it, without really talking to you personally or even asking your name. All you have to do is sit there and listen; they do all the talking. Aside from requiring me to make sure the information on my paperwork is correct, I was hardly ever asked a question. The only time I felt I was actually "interviewed" was for a carrier position in a very small town that only had 2 carriers, one of whom was either retiring or transferring, and that was an actual one-on-one job interview.

This is of course my personal experience and yours may differ.

By the way my job as PSE clerk is working on the DBCS (you can find videos on YouTube by searching "DBCS" to see what it looks like). The biggest problem I had was my lower back hurting for about two weeks straight when I started the job, because it involves a LOT of bending down and standing up to pick up and move mail. I'm a 6-foot-tall semi-athletic guy who hit the gym twice a week, but all these grandmothers and old men were zooming past me bending down and picking up mail like it was nothing. I was like, "How the hell do they do that while I'm standing here in pain?!?" So I just dug in and worked through it, determined not to let them "beat me," so to speak. Sure enough after about 3 weeks my body got used to it and now after apparently building up my lower back muscles, I zoom through the job along with everyone else.
binkbink8777  
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 6:00:33 AM(UTC)
binkbink8777

First week was the hardest, I have to show up at 2 AM in the morning.  Working non stop loading the truck, moving pallets, pulling and pushing until 6 AM, 10 mins break, work until 8 or 8:30 am, and go home.  I've realized the harder I work the sooner I get to go home. :)
Mz_JujuDee  
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 6:46:07 AM(UTC)
Mz_JujuDee

you guys are really confusing me. You guys are writing about lifting and unloading and stuff. im expecting to be at the window. I hope this isnt the case. i got assigned to the post office in my town and its really post office. there is no distribution center. i hope i am not surprised. i put i am allergic to dust on the medical questionnaire so i hope that counts for something
royalchubsta  
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 7:51:42 AM(UTC)
royalchubsta

Mz juju.. I know exactly where u are coming from.. I sometimes feel the same way but @ this point and time I'll take anything and make the best out of it until something better comes along.. and from my end I've been looking and waiting and searching and waiting for over 1 year and this oppt has been the light at the end of the tunnel.. where i think i have a shot at a decent paycheck and a resume builder! Smile

where are you located? Where u assigned to a big post office>?

Mz_JujuDee  
#20 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 9:51:26 AM(UTC)
Mz_JujuDee

You are so truthful about that @royalchubsta! I am definitely thankful to have this opportunity because i was on a 6 month drought so good to be a part of somethign beneficial again.
I am in New Jersey. I have been assigned to the Irvington post Office but my orientation is in Newark.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed