Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Junior Regular  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2011 4:39:36 AM(UTC)
Junior Regular

Groups: Registered

I went on ereassign recently to search for transfer opportunities, only to find that all districts no longer had any listings. What's up with that? Does this have to do with the PSE situation, or is it something with the site?
billythekid  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 2:21:43 AM(UTC)
billythekid

I've had the same problem. Curious as well...
penelope1440  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 2:30:44 AM(UTC)
penelope1440

I agree -- Supposedly according to the post in the question on bidding, someone said there were 250 openings in the Suncoast District.  There was also a memo stating that jobs would be posted on 9/1 for 21 days.  We have found no job listings at all on 9/1 or after.  Very confusing.

boober  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 2:47:09 AM(UTC)
boober

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Look's like the jig is up.....! Ermm

[img]https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1706490624/hAE2AE657/[/img]
Window Clerk  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 3:45:40 AM(UTC)
Window Clerk

penelope1440 wrote:

I agree -- Supposedly according to the post in the question on bidding, someone said there were 250 openings in the Suncoast District.  There was also a memo stating that jobs would be posted on 9/1 for 21 days.  We have found no job listings at all on 9/1 or after.  Very confusing.

Hi Penelope,

I'm the one who posted that link to 21 Century Postal Worker about the Suncoast District.

I just now went to Lite Blue and went to the Employee Apps and logged onto eReassign and cruised over to the Suncoast District. Here's what I see and it's only a portion of what's there...

Should there be other information available? I don't know.

I've never used eReassign before.

I clicked onto the Cape Canaveral office and it showed my personal info which IDs me and allows me to put in my request...

Window Clerk2011-09-04 11:56:32
penelope1440  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 4:01:36 AM(UTC)
penelope1440

Window clerk -- Thanks very much.  I will check it out, now..

RAPUNZEL  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 4:04:00 AM(UTC)
RAPUNZEL

so i have a question....can u just go in and look at these openings or does it, by going in there, indicate that u r applying for or want to be notified of any vacancy???
i want to just look....
penelope1440  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 4:13:01 AM(UTC)
penelope1440

Window and Repunzel -- I went to erassign and then to reassignments.  Still couldn't find any listiings for Suncoast.  I went up the page and searched for Balm, which was on the list, Window Clerk showed.  Then I put in the town where I live, and hit clerk to see what they had.  Then I came to a page, that I had to complete to put in the request.  Backed out of there very quickly.  However, I still couldn't see a specific list under reassignments.  Perhaps I am just doing something wrong.  All I want to see is a specific list of jobs available in the District.

Thanks folks.

RAPUNZEL  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 4:20:38 AM(UTC)
RAPUNZEL

i  have never gone into there bcos I am afraid that it would be taken as a request for reassignment...does anyone know if u can just look? I have a family member who is relocating and I would like to LOOK to see if anything is available...i do NOT want to go at this time, nor do i want to really have any USPS person know i am in there looking..(don't want it getting back to our small office).....so, any options for this???
Humbert  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 7:35:45 AM(UTC)
Humbert

Rapunzel,

I have used eReassign 5 times now and trust me, there's no way you're going to accidentally sign up for a transfer. The process is quite complicated. You can browse available jobs by going to the bottom of the welcome page and clicking "reassignment opportunities." Select district and hit search.

However, as was pointed out earlier, the entire nation suddenly has no vacancies. Last week in my district, there were over 40 openings, now suddenly there are none. Our office received an internal list of openings of about 50 jobs, carrier and clerk, the other day but none of those are on eReassign.

I suspect they are holding those jobs for priority transfer requests from DUO and excessing.

my 2 cents...
boober  
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 7:55:07 AM(UTC)
boober

I agree with Humbert. I've used eReassign a few times over the years. It appears that you can still submit a request to transfer somewhere, but it appears as though they no longer list any vacant opportunities or offices looking to fill specific jobs. Very very interesting...

RAPUNZEL  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 8:57:35 AM(UTC)
RAPUNZEL

possibly everything got pulled in anticipation of the major announcement...thanks for the help...Big smile
pjxii  
#13 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 7:27:40 AM(UTC)
pjxii

This is quite a turn of events. Not even two months ago there were hundreds of listings on eReassign (mostly city carrier but some Motor Vehicle and a few clerk), which was a surprise in itself because there had never been so many listings that I remember. Does anyone know if they all got pulled on the same day?
I got a letter confirming a transfer to another district for next month but there wasn't any Reassignment Opportunity listing, I just put in a request for that office. The openings posted on eReassign are for offices where no one has already requested a transfer there, which makes them "hard to fill" positions. As was already stated, maybe it ties in to the "big announcement."
boober  
#14 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 10:57:09 AM(UTC)
boober

So maybe you can still successfully submit a request to transfer and get it? 

pjxii  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 11:11:12 AM(UTC)
pjxii

I requested a transfer in July, and I was "In Review" for a bit over 6 weeks. Now that all openings have been pulled from eReassign I'm wondering if there is now a nationwide hiring freeze until things get sorted out (I believe the speculation from another thread that the September 15 announcement pertains to the closing of all but 135 plants, which means a lot of bodies to move into vacant positions). If you want to transfer to a particular office I'd still put in a reassignment request, then wait and see.
Junior Regular  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 11:38:54 AM(UTC)
Junior Regular

pjxii wrote:
I requested a transfer in July, and I was "In Review" for a bit over 6 weeks. Now that all openings have been pulled from eReassign I'm wondering if there is now a nationwide hiring freeze until things get sorted out (I believe the speculation from another thread that the September 15 announcement pertains to the closing of all but 135 plants, which means a lot of bodies to move into vacant positions). If you want to transfer to a particular office I'd still put in a reassignment request, then wait and see.

My Welcome Page, which lists all of my submitted requests, still shows several requests as being In Review. One postmaster called me a week or so ago as kind of a get-to-know-you type thing, and I'd guess that postmaster would contact me if they were no longer able to fill the position through the ereassign process. So I guess it's wait and see if you already have requests in. You just can't search for any more listings.
RAPUNZEL  
#17 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 12:40:04 PM(UTC)
RAPUNZEL

i think between the NTFT, PSE and donahoe's huge announcement.....i don't think any one will get approval for anything....postmasters or employees
boober  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 12:48:08 PM(UTC)
boober

It'll be interesting to see if anyone will. Maybe a hiring (transferring) freeze is back on!

boober2011-09-05 20:53:29
Humbert  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 06, 2011 8:17:36 AM(UTC)
Humbert

Actually, I am transferring into a new position Saturday(9/10/2011), that I requested thru eReassign 6 weeks ago. BUT, my job was eliminated by the DUO process, so maybe there's special consideration there. I know mine was considered a priority transfer request.
In truth,
 my job was not eliminated; the OIC is working my hours(PTF SSDA; 20 hours a week, all on the window) and none of it is being counted as bargaining unit hours, only "earned hours." So, in essence, she works 40 hours per week, twenty of them mine. But if no one comes into the lobby, then according to management, she is technically not working the window, even though she is the only one there.
This may go into arbitration and we may win, but my hours have been reduced from 20+ to 3 per week, and therefore I was "forced" to transfer. Now I have been told that they are advertising PSE vacancies in my office, while I am still working there.
Sucks.

/rant
L16PTF  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 06, 2011 9:49:46 AM(UTC)
L16PTF

Hate to hear that, Humbert. That's one of my greatest fears. I only hope that if we're involved in a DUO that we are the receiving office. I love my office and hope I get to stay there until I retire. Highly doubtful, but I can still hope.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed