Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fedethan  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2011 6:50:20 AM(UTC)
fedethan

Groups: Registered

Greetings to all, and a happy Labor Day!

I have questions regarding an opening with NSA as an Investigator; having already done a search on here for this position I found that there hasn’t been a new thread for some time and I was hoping for current or first-hand information.  Anything anyone might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

1.  Typical job duties.  Some previous postings have referred to the Investigator position as one of a background investigator and polygrapher.  This current posting details a more 1811-type position with actual investigation responsibility.  Any current data?

2.  The salary range for this position is $89,033-$155,500.  Coming from inside of the federal government, would pay matching be likely?  Obviously, from one job to the next, no one wants to have a drop in salary.

3.  OT opportunities?  Travel?  Or, will is this position based at HQ with limited opportunities to be out and about?

4.  While I recognize that this is not a typical 1811-type position, what are the LE benefits of this position?  Is there a firearms requirement, and if so, is off-duty carry authorized?  Are statutory powers of arrest authorized?  I am aware that this positioned is credentialed as a “Special Agent”, but am unaware of actual responsibilities awarded by the agency.

5.  Without going into any specifics, obviously to avoid any OPSEC-related concerns, is there any type of career progression within this job field or will you be an Investigator for the entirety of your career?  Also, are there any other opportunities which are available which can broaden the opportunities for personnel?

As usual – thanks for all of your help.  If you’d like to send a private message instead of posting to the group, that would be fine as well.  I appreciate any insight that anyone might have regarding this position.

Cheers!

Ethan

charlesriver  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2011 7:16:03 AM(UTC)
charlesriver

It's an Inspector General position. They investigate fraud, waste and abuse within the agency. It's not entry level. They want people with investigative experience. I'm not sure about firearms and/or off duty carry. It's almost certainly not covered by LE retirement provisions.
cpt biggs  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 12:23:06 AM(UTC)
cpt biggs

Yes, you are authorized to carry a agency issued firearm. However its not covered buy LEAP or 6c retirement. You will need some experience in LE or IG operations.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed