Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dclay1216  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2011 6:23:12 AM(UTC)
dclay1216

Groups: Registered

I am new to the forum and I have learned a lot of information in the short time that I have been a member. All of the information has been very useful and I really appreciate it.

However, I have been searching the posts and I have not found a general answer to my question. Can anyone give me an idea of the time between when you submit your application/job posting closes with NGA and the time that your status changes? My application status has been stuck at "Applied - Eligibility Not Determined" for awhile now. I have read that there is considerable time after the status changes to "Referred" (if that is the case) and anything that happens after that. This was a regular posted position on the NGA website and not a hiring event.

I would appreciate any insight. Thanks.

shockdj  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 11:17:31 PM(UTC)
shockdj

Generally, human resources will refer applications to the selecting official within about a week of the closing date. If it has been more than two weeks and it doesn't say referred or not referred, I would call the recruiter. The steps after that can take from a couple of weeks to a couple of months depending on how fast the selecting official moves to put together a selection board, score resumes, schedule and conduct interviews, provide results to HR, and notify the selectee. Good luck with your application.
mcllisms  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 12:46:16 AM(UTC)
mcllisms

I am also wondering if anyone can explain to me my status: it says KC Final Screen  and the status reason is: Selected.
Thanks

RZ_4850  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:51:34 PM(UTC)
RZ_4850

Mcllisms - it should mean that you were selected for the position.
Haven't they called you with a tentative offer?
There is a link on NGA's website (careers home), explaining the meaning of the different status definitions.
Congrats!
catsgotmysock  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:08:20 AM(UTC)
catsgotmysock

Ha, or maybe HR made a mistake? I hope not, good luck!
mcllisms  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:01:09 PM(UTC)
mcllisms

No they have not called me yet. I had my physicals in November 17th 2011 and my interview was October 5th 2011 a week later after my interview, my status changed from : HD Preliminary Screen ( Referred) to a new status : KC Final Screen (Selected). It has been this status after my interview about 3 weeks ago. I have not heard anything else.
mcllisms  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:03:29 PM(UTC)
mcllisms

In this case should I contact them or wait a few days more ? Someone advice me
DC41  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 7:45:43 AM(UTC)
DC41

mcllisms, your dates and years of your interview and physical seem to be incorrect.  what position did you apply for?  

mcllisms  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:09:21 AM(UTC)
mcllisms

I applied in June 2011 and I was called for physicals in September and had my interview in November all of this were this year 2011. The position was Police Officer.
A recruiter called me and they said they had problem on the status page. But I have been selected. I'm just waiting to complete my paper work.

My question is if my parents are permanent legal residents , do I still qualify to go through the TS/SCI process ?
DC41  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:42:56 AM(UTC)
DC41

mcllisms,  It depends, but I know someone that was denied because of her foreign relationship with her parents and relatives.  If you parents live in a country that have been know to be hostel to the US or is know for terrorism, you could be denied. If you are in constant contact with your parents or friends who live in hostile countries, you will likely be considered a security risk. your case would be  a complicated one and will likely take a very long time to adjudicate.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed