Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Defense

The Department of Defense (DoD) is charged with coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the government relating directly to national security and the United States armed forces. The mission of the Department of Defense is to provide the military forces needed to deter war and to protect the security of our country.

The Department of Defense is America's oldest and largest government agency -tracing its roots back to pre-Revolutionary times. Today, the Department is not only in charge of the military, but it also employs a civilian force of thousands. With over 1.4 million men and women on active duty, and 718,000 civilian personnel, DoD is the nation's largest employer. Another 1.1 million serve in the National Guard and Reserve forces. More than 2 million military retirees and their family members receive benefits.

Perhaps you are working for the DoD or interested in working for the DoD. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DoD.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hope4gov  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 7:38:58 AM(UTC)
hope4gov

Groups: Registered

Does DCAA use the same interview questions? Does anyone mind to share his/her experience?

Thanks a bunch!
Chilifries  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 11:56:08 AM(UTC)
Chilifries

hope4gov wrote:

Does DCAA use the same interview questions? Does anyone mind to share his/her experience?

Thanks a bunch!

Someone asked this question awhile back. I think I found the post where we answered his/her questions. I hope this helps.

http://federalsoup.federaldaily.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=35138&PN=2&title=dcaa-interview-need-help-insight

Chilifries2011-09-23 20:01:23
CPAAudit  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 2:34:52 PM(UTC)
CPAAudit

every interview is different.
hope4gov  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 2:02:22 AM(UTC)
hope4gov

Hi Chilifries, I found the post. Thank you.
AirEagle  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 03, 2011 8:53:35 AM(UTC)
AirEagle

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I learned a few days a ago there is will be a special group to do incurred cost audits. I may be wrong but, as I understood it, more people will be needed. Problem, is the budget is tightening. For example, performance awards have been cap at a certain dollar amount. Not to mention the pay freeze is still in effect and think I learned today the FY12 budget is at FY10 dollars. I would not be surprised if a hiring freeze happens.
Cookie Monster  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 03, 2011 8:39:31 PM(UTC)
Cookie Monster

this is interesting. I was given a TO back in June with start date of 8/1/11. My background check is still "pending". Or at least this is what I've been told. I've started looking for other work. I've been unemployed since 2009. Knew this was too good to be true.
aaaloo  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 10:25:28 AM(UTC)
aaaloo

Cookie Monster wrote:
this is interesting. I was given a TO back in June with start date of 8/1/11. My background check is still "pending". Or at least this is what I've been told. I've started looking for other work. I've been unemployed since 2009. Knew this was too good to be true.
What did the HR tell you? I thought some people started before background check was through.
Cookie Monster  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 11:58:07 AM(UTC)
Cookie Monster

aaaloo wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote:

What did the HR tell you? I thought some people started before background check was through.

I thought this was the case too. But apparently, I cannot start until (I'm thinking) the preliminary is done. Personally, I think my file is sitting around somewhere (maybe lost) and no one as gotten to it. This is handled by the Office of Personnel Mgmt. HR said that they don't have anything to do with this. Just that when they get the "word" they will contact me.

I used to contact my HR person on a weekly basis, since Aug. Last time I contact her was 2 weeks ago. That's why I'm looking at this as a lost cause.

Am I the only one with a TO in the summer 2011 going thru this???????
aaaloo  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 06, 2011 2:39:00 AM(UTC)
aaaloo

Hi Cookie Monster,
Or you can search "security pamphlet". It was written by a retied Federal Background Investigator.
aaaloo2011-10-06 10:45:31
AirEagle  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 06, 2011 11:53:50 AM(UTC)
AirEagle

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

if your being considered for a position in a field detachment office your not going anywhere until all those different background checks are completed. i think it 4 or 5 different checks. they can take some time depending how hard the opm agent has to work to compile and evaluate all the information they've gained on you. if you got a TO i wouldn't worry other wanting to hurry and work. they go much much much deeper than just information on the SF306.
Cookie Monster  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 11:43:20 AM(UTC)
Cookie Monster

AirEagle wrote:

if your being considered for a position in a field detachment office your not going anywhere until all those different background checks are completed. i think it 4 or 5 different checks. they can take some time depending how hard the opm agent has to work to compile and evaluate all the information they've gained on you. if you got a TO i wouldn't worry other wanting to hurry and work. they go much much much deeper than just information on the SF306.

My TO was for a "branch" mobile office. I think that's what it's called. Basically, I won't be working at one location, but for various smaller contractors.

I guess I wish during the TO, they would've just said nothing will happen until the BI is complete. That way, I would've known that everything would be just in the air. I guess because they gave me a "start date", I had an "expectation" that I would be starting on a particular date. I was even contacted by my immediate supervisor about my start day, as well as being invited to the local office's Town Hall meeting, just to get a taste of the office environment. This gave me the impression saying, "wow, I guess they're gonna move on me quickly.....".

Now, I'm in the position of counting days AFTER my planned start date.
Cookie Monster  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 11:45:41 AM(UTC)
Cookie Monster

aaaloo wrote:
Hi Cookie Monster,

Or you can search "security pamphlet". It was written by a retied Federal Background Investigator.

Thanks Aaaloo! I got the pamplet.
Chilifries  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:02:18 AM(UTC)
Chilifries

I think your hiring may be affected by the continuing resolution, cookie monster....since I think we had some issues in the past with it. I heard we were running at the FY 2010 budget level..so it sounds like we're just maintaining our current size. I think someone would need to retire or leave in your region/area, to have an open slot.   Hoping something happens in November with the continuing resolution.

Chilifries2011-10-11 17:09:06
hope4gov  
#14 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 8:40:43 AM(UTC)
hope4gov

But why did they start interviewing?
Chilifries wrote:
I think your hiring may be affected by the continuing resolution, cookie monster....since I think we had some issues in the past with it. I heard we were running at the FY 2010 budget level..so it sounds like we're just maintaining our current size. I think someone would need to retire or leave in your region/area, to have an open slot.   Hoping something happens in November with the continuing resolution.
fdstewie  
#15 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 11:38:18 PM(UTC)
fdstewie

DCAA really does not have an HR function -- just random people with low level skills using HR titles -- most unfortunate but accurate.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed