Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
majfree1  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:47:12 AM(UTC)
majfree1

Groups: Registered

Any and all credible sources (ie.NPPD/FPS),

Is there any believeable sources 'out there' regarding the NEXT NPPD/Federal Protective Service (FPS) vacancy announcement on USAJobs.gov for early Oct 2011 (FY 2012)?

Thank you!
charlesriver  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 5:00:59 AM(UTC)
charlesriver

The only truly believable source is the actual job announcement when it is posted. If I had a nickel for every time I heard someone say an announcement for X will be out on Y month and it didnt happen, I would be a wealthy person.
BOPLT  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 6:16:10 AM(UTC)
BOPLT

WHat they are doing is Direct hire authority for Veterans. I have a interview tomorrow for a Inspector position.

BOPLT  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:13:40 AM(UTC)
BOPLT

I had my interview yesterday 02/28, I must say of all the interviews I have ever done this one was very laid back.  The regional commander who interviewed me along with patrol commander and another staffer were very nice and professional. After the interview they gave me feedback and told me the next steps. I am not sure if that meant that I got the job, We shall see.  I am excited because I interviewed in 09 and did not get the job then.  I am hoping for the best.
BOPLT  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 12:17:29 PM(UTC)
BOPLT

Just a update got selected for hire. Got a call last week for my SF-50 to calculate my pay. Cant wait to leave the BOP and move on to something better. I am tired of prison work, Although I must say for the record I have good times with the BOP and have received lots of training, awards and promotions so I really cant complain. But like I said ready to GO.....
BOPLT  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 2:40:49 AM(UTC)
BOPLT

Another Update, Got my pre-selection notice for hire yesterday 04/05..I am keeping my BOP pay which is good...I am excited to move on from the BOP. Anyone know the vision standard? 
Rss Feed  Atom Feed