Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kali123  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2011 1:26:10 AM(UTC)
Kali123

Groups: Registered

Prior to NSPS, I was a GS-13.  My position did not convert to NSPS since it was covered by our local union.  However, I applied for and was selected for a supervisory position under NSPS (YF-02).  This NSPS position never existed under the GS system, so there was no reachback PD; it was the result of an organizational transformation/reorganization.  When I converted back from NSPS to GS, I was placed in a non-supervisory, GS-13 position.  The newly created PD we provided was not classified.  However, I continued to perform the same functions and responsibilities as I had under NSPS.  Similar positions within my organization and other organizations converted back to supervisory GS-14 positions.  Therefore, I filed a classification appeal through my agency in Jan 2011.  This week, my agency agreed I should be a supervisory GS-14; however, they are indicating the grade will not be retroactive to when the conversion took place, and they "do not know when it will take effect" due to paperwork.  I understand the pay not being retroactive because, although my pay is lower than it would have been had I converted to a GS-14, I did not actually lose any pay.  Is there a deadline associated with accomplishing the paperwork associated with an appeal decision?  Do I have any recourse for the grade itself to be retroactive?  I would really like to get credit for my time performing at the GS-14 level...

Rss Feed  Atom Feed