Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

VA (Department of Veterans Affairs)

The United States has the most comprehensive system of assistance for veterans of any nation in the world. This benefits system traces its roots back to 1636, when the Pilgrims of Plymouth Colony were at war with the Pequot Indians. The Pilgrims passed a law which stated that disabled soldiers would be supported by the colony. The establishment of the Veterans Administration came in 1930 when Congress authorized the President to "consolidate and coordinate Government activities affecting war veterans." (Source: www4.va.gov/about_va/vahistory.asp)

This forum also includes the Veterans Health Administration (VHA).

Perhaps you are working for the VA or interested in working for the VA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the VA.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jovirn  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2011 1:38:37 PM(UTC)
jovirn

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Does anyone know where to find what the pay scale or pay grade (or whatever) for VN-0610, Registered Nurse?  I am applying for a RN position with the VA, and I just want to get an idea of what the pay might be.  I worked for state government most of my life, so I know there's a way to find it online, but I can't find it for this position!

If someone can steer me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.  I thought I saw it somewhere that RNs are GS 8, any truth to this?  I also read (which makes sense) that years of experience plays a part as well as the "locality adjustment."  So there is pay grade, and pay steps, correct?  I just want to get a clue of what I might see or expect!  Question

Thank you in advance,

j

USAF  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2011 9:13:07 PM(UTC)
USAF

Veterans Affairs RN's are under the VN payscale, not the GS. Fedral agancies can have their own pay scale and the VA uses VN for nurses. There isn't a pay scale chart to look at because VN salaries are set by the agency. The only good idea you'll have of your salary is what it posted in the vacancy announcement.
If I am correct, the posted salary already includes the locality pay.
You enter  registered nurse vn-0610 in the Simple Salary box and then the location. Click enter and the salary comes up.Clap
Also, I believe since this is not a GS position there are no step increases and VN is the pay grade. A majority of your answers can be answered by VA human resources (ulm....maybe) or visiting www.opm.gov!

Good luck.
USAF2011-10-09 05:20:08
jovirn  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 8:57:55 AM(UTC)
jovirn

Thank you very much.  That is a good place to get a ballpark idea of what it is. 

Thanks!

j

Rss Feed  Atom Feed