Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of State

The Department of State's mission is "Advance freedom for the benefit of the American people and the international community by helping to build and sustain a more democratic, secure, and prosperous world composed of well-governed states that respond to the needs of their people, reduce widespread poverty, and act responsibly within the international system."
--From the FY 2009 Agency Financial Report, released December 2009

Perhaps you are working for the DOS or interested in working for the DOS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DOS.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
New & Confused  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 5:46:42 AM(UTC)
New & Confused

Groups: Registered

Did anyone apply to the 2011 Diplomatic Courier Vacancy?  If so, has anyone been contacted for the oral assessments?  I haven't heard anything since the vacancy closed out in July 2011. 
spectre73  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 6:53:24 PM(UTC)
spectre73

The only response I got was that I wasn't qualified.  That was strange because I answered the questions the same as I did last year and got a notice to appear for testing (I had to decline last year because I wound up getting another job that started just before the test date.)
Emplate  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 8:32:26 AM(UTC)
Emplate

If you haven't heard anything by now I don't know what to tell you. From what I heard they had something like 1900 people apply for around 2-3 positions. 
CostaKapo  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 8:49:26 AM(UTC)
CostaKapo

spectre73 wrote:

The only response I got was that I wasn't qualified.  That was strange because I answered the questions the same as I did last year and got a notice to appear for testing (I had to decline last year because I wound up getting another job that started just before the test date.)

Same boat. I understand when it say's "qualified but not most qualified" or something along those lines. To get a "Not qualified" was shocking. Not too worried though. From what people have told me they don't want it to be your stepping stone, they want you to be a career Diplomatic Courier. I'm hoping for the good word from the Federal Air Marshal's.
BabyGov  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 12:35:55 PM(UTC)
BabyGov

Sorry, to hear you both didn't make it this time around.  On another subject, for those of you who actually were invited to the 2011 Oral Assessment, what did you think about it? 
BabyGov  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 12:41:07 PM(UTC)
BabyGov

Sorry, to hear you both didn't make it this time around. On another subject, for those of you who actually were invited to the 2011 Oral Assessment, what did you think about it?    
Another question: Did they say how many people applied for the position and how many people made the oral assessment? 
Rss Feed  Atom Feed