Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
neice1  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 01, 2011 9:55:32 AM(UTC)
neice1

Groups: Registered

FYI - I got a class action NRP letter in the mail today from the USPS.  I'm sure you will be getting one too if you haven't already. 
Stormbringer  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2011 11:59:33 AM(UTC)
Stormbringer

I got mine today also! THANK YOU SANDRA!
neice1  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 04, 2011 9:49:45 PM(UTC)
neice1

Agreed!  Thank you Sandra!
leftylouie  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 06, 2011 11:34:29 PM(UTC)
leftylouie

so what did the letter say?  Im in an area where the mail is much slower - nothing here yet...
Just want to be free....
neice1  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 12:01:22 AM(UTC)
neice1

Here's a Summary:  Dated 10/31/11 for all current & former permanent rehab and limited duty employees of usps who were subjected to the usps nrp program between 5/5/06 thru present.

You are a member of the McConnell class if:  you are or were a perm. rehab or a limited duty employee of the usps who was subjected to nrp between 5/5/06 thru present.

McConnell raises 4 claims in her class complaint on behalf of all perm. rehab  & limited duty employees: 1) nrp fails to provide class members with reasonable accommodations 2) nrp wrongfully discloses the medical info of class members 3) nrp creates a hostile workplace environment 4) nrp has an adverse impact on class members.

You are receiving this notice because usps records indicate that you are or were a usps perm. rehab or limited duty employee who ws subjected to the nrp between 5/5/06 and present. 

There has been no determination whether usps has done anything unlawful.

If you meet the criteria to be a potential member of the class, you are not required to do anything at this time in order to remain a part of the class.

If the AJ rules that the USPS discriminated against members of the class, you will be notified & given the chance to seek any and all remedies provided by the law.  With respect to the claims covered in the class definition, you do not need to do anything now to preserve your right to make a claim later.

The EEOC does not allow any class member to "opt out" of the class or choose not to be bound by a class complaint decision.

If the AJ finds that the usps discriminated against the class, you will have to file a claim to receive individual relief.  In the event that liability is found, you will received additional notice on how & when to file such a claim.

If McConnell & USPS wish to settle this case, you will be notified and given the opportunity to review the terms of the settlement, and to object or challenge the settlement.

Here is the class action website:  www.NRPclassaction.com

Please visit the website to find status updates.

leftylouie  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2011 11:05:42 PM(UTC)
leftylouie

Received the class action question sheet to fill out yesterday.. Looks like the postal service will be paying out to everyone for their violations.. Yay for the NRP ruining people's lives ! I hope the USPS pays out big for this one..what they put the injured employees through is such a violation to reasonable accommodation and the disability act!
Just want to be free....
diannedawn  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
diannedawn

I wonder if I'll actually get any $$$ out it...
If it's like the OTHER class action suits I've been a member of...
it will be a small amount, or nothing.

BUT I'm happy if they have to pay!
even if the attorneys DO TAKE MOST of it!

Happy Holidays everyone!  :)

Stormbringer  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:23:05 AM(UTC)
Stormbringer

Ditto!
leftylouie  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:41:20 AM(UTC)
leftylouie

years ago I had been a class member for the class action for the rehab employees being held back for promotions due to injury and cleared 13 grand..so who knows how this one will pay out.

Just want to be free....
tffc7b  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:34:52 PM(UTC)
tffc7b

Hi, first time on this post; I was removed on 5/5/2010 under the NRP and still not working, I received the Edmund Walker class action letter and forms but not anything on the NRP!  I completed the survey last year on line.  Can anyone fill me in on the what you received for the NRP?
pilgrim  
#11 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 3:04:57 AM(UTC)
pilgrim

I kind of envy you guys.  At my agency, the Union cares nothing about work comp, and they have publicly stated so, and it refuses to to into any workcomp battles against management.  As regards settlement  money, isn't the USPS just about broke, getting handouts from Congress? Any settlements would most likely have to be paid out of such handouts. 
merlinrune  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 4:45:23 AM(UTC)
merlinrune

I fail into this class.  However, I am an injured supervisor (EAS 16, exempt) sitting in a non-exempt EAS 13 while maintining all pre-injurious status.  Until September 1, 2009 when I was informed by my POOM that my exempt status was being changed to non-exempt under the FLSA because the postmaster position no longer qualified for the exempt status.

The exempt status was attached to me and what I had earned prior to the injury.  The postmaster position was and never has been exempt.

I filed an EEO complaint and the EEOC accepted it.  The accepted facts are that the USPS violated the Rehabilitation Act, that the USPS never addressed the harassment towards me by my POOM, and withdrawal of restoration rights.

I won the first round.  The EEOC said that I have made a valid claim and one for harm for which there is a remedy.

I am currently awaiting a hearing.  Typically, the USPS is attempting to get him to make a decision without a hearing.

A note:  I read in the Federal Times where the USPS has placed an additional 400 million dollars in their legal defense fund because of all of the complaints that have been lodged against them.
leftylouie  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:56:49 AM(UTC)
leftylouie

Just want to be free....
Rss Feed  Atom Feed