Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joecala  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:10:35 AM(UTC)
joecala

Groups: Registered

I thought I would start this thread as to not have to navigate through the CSR Furlough thread.

My department of CSR's (hired 11/08/2010) are being recalled starting tomorrow (11/14) though next monday (11/21). No word on what will be going on though.

itsjustme30  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 2:44:20 AM(UTC)
itsjustme30

I'm a seasonal TE at the Philly location and a few of my co-workers have been called back, but the majority of us have not. I've heard the rumors of budget issues, but at this point, I can see that there is definitely an issue, lol. 

Do you know if they're doing call backs in other departments as well? Joe, were you on the 3rd floor? We're up on the 5th floor. :)
joecala  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:31:48 AM(UTC)
joecala

Yeah, I am not expecting much out of this season. The continuing resolution for the budget goes through this Friday so hopefully there is some movement on that.

I am in Account Management, and all I have heard of is a couple different departments getting recalled in AM. I am on the 3rd Floor, but I would love to be on the 5th Floor. Haha.  

Psychomom  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 5:47:36 AM(UTC)
Psychomom

Joe I heard that all seasonals EXCEPT LROS were called back for Monday.  I also heard from a friend that LROS was going to be called for the 22nd but she didn't know for what month, November or december and for bal due training.  Now that I think about it...maybe it is Nov 22nd.  That way on the 21st they deal with the second group of newbies coming in for training and then deal for the LROS people coming in on the 22nd.  Just once I wish the IRS could be more informative instead of constant guessing by us the employees.
itsjustme30  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 8:40:03 AM(UTC)
itsjustme30

Some of the people from my team started back on the 7th. The rest of us have not heard anything back, which is okay for me, just as long as they consider me an employee, lol. Good luck to everyone though with the callbacks. 
itsjustme302011-11-13 16:52:20
atlgirl  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:35:01 PM(UTC)
atlgirl

I am a LROS employee in ATL. Hired 2/16/2010 and my entire department started back today and most of us were given a TOD change to the 6-2:30 *****!
Destiny  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 11:14:55 PM(UTC)
Destiny

Are you excited about the change in tod atlgirl? did you work the 4pm-1:30 am *****?
acivilservant  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 3:13:55 AM(UTC)
acivilservant

We're recalled to our post of duty on the 5th of December, sans being deployed to Memphis, given the budget problems and all.

I'm doing 180 sit-ups a day, lifting weights three times a week, getting some hardcore cardio in creative ways, and re-learning my command codes.  So, I should hit the ground running, except for my zillion passwordsClown.

What is everyone else doing to prepare?
sekonick  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:11:19 AM(UTC)
sekonick

My dept of CSR's in Covington has been called back as of 11/21/11 . we were hired on 01/10/11.
They called me at 10 pm last night, so Covington people keep hope alive!!!
joecala  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:05:47 PM(UTC)
joecala

Acivilservant -

At this point I am mentally preparing myself for my return. The recall process for my POD was crazy and more unorganized than usual. Here's to another crazy 4-5 months! Cheers!
acivilservant  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:32:11 AM(UTC)
acivilservant

I expect my Unit's Manager will have all things pretty under control for our recall process, Joe.

What do you do mentally to prepare? Are you meditating, or what?

After doing all the studies I could, i.e., IRM, command codes, consolidating training notes, and voice work, I focused most on my physical self. (Like my last post reads, I lift weights three days a week, adding more abs, cardio, updating waredrobe, eating more steamed vegetables, and apply regular facial mud masks.) That said, I have face to face contact with about 30 taxpayers per tour of duty. Luckily, serving each of these members of the American public is a challenge, interesting, and rewarding all at once. Still, I must present my best self, having been trained in Memphis in the ##"Y_u a_e the F_ce of the _nternal R_ve_ue S_rvi_e."## module.

Hey a tangent, if I may recommend a lunch tip...to everyone in "the Service" packing. Please, consider using wax paper to wrap things. It could have a positive impact the environment.
joecala  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:12:17 AM(UTC)
joecala

acivilservant wrote:
I expect my Unit's Manager will have all things pretty under control for our recall process, Joe.

That's good. At least someone's might be.

acivilservant wrote:
What do you do mentally to prepare? Are you meditating, or what?

No meditation or anything like that. Just set my mind to excuse alot of the dysfunction that goes on there.

acivilservant wrote:
Hey a tangent, if I may recommend a lunch tip...to everyone in "the Service" packing. Please, consider using wax paper to wrap things. It could have a positive impact the environment.

I'm right on top of that Rose.
moondanceforu  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:07:26 AM(UTC)
moondanceforu

I love "A Civil Servent's" preparations for going back to work,,,sounds like a good plan just for life in general.....me, I just am waiting to get a date to return and when I get that, I suppose I will take out all the job aids that are packed up in cloth shopping bags that are sitting at the bottom of my closet. Hope that I won't be that brain dead after being furloghed all these months!!!!! Was surprised that Holtsville has TWO new hire training classes. They already started training 144 new CSRs on November 7th and will be starting a new batch this coming Monday. Needless to say, it leaves me wondering where LROS will fill in---were we so bad with that horrible training that they want to forget us?????? Something in my mind says January will be the callback date, but who knows,,,If working a four to five month season will become the norm, I don't know how many people will be able to hold on to that since it will even rule out enough eligible quarters for an unemployment insurance claim,,,,,I'm glad though I still have the health insurance and have been paying into it while on furlough since I don't want to owe a gargantuan amount of premiums when I return. Its been so long since I've been at the IRS that it doesn't seem real in a way that I ever worked there!!!!
moondanceforu  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:10:26 PM(UTC)
moondanceforu

I got my recall phone call this morning for Holtsville. I go back December 6th for training and am out on the floor to answer phones on January 3rd. Got a permanent 6AM to 2:30 *****. At least I know the scoop!!!
acivilservant  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:21:25 PM(UTC)
acivilservant

moondanceforu wrote:
I got my recall phone call this morning for Holtsville. I go back December 6th for training and am out on the floor to answer phones on January 3rd. Got a permanent 6AM to 2:30 *****. At least I know the scoop!!!

moondanceforu:

Hip hip, hooray! 

You now know the scoop... wow, lots of valuable training.

Best luck,

acivilservant

joecala  
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:22:49 AM(UTC)
joecala

Moondance,

I too have been paying my FEHB premiums. I just made my payment through December, so at least it is comforting to not have to worry about it when I get my first check.

Joe

joecala  
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:23:51 AM(UTC)
joecala

joecala2011-11-17 15:31:26
acivilservant  
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:16:04 PM(UTC)
acivilservant

It's good you've paid your medical insurance, Joe.
Stugs  
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:04:09 PM(UTC)
Stugs

Hey Fellow LROS Holtsville CR's - Anyone else besides Moondance called back for the 6:00 to 2:30 Dec 5th?  No word here yet.
moondanceforu  
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:34:59 PM(UTC)
moondanceforu

Stugs, I heard that two other people from my original Team were also called back. I spoke to someone else that worked with me and she hasn't been called back yet. I am sure it will take a bit of time to call everyone on the phone!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed