Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

HHS

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is the United States government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.

Source: www.hhs.gov/about/

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BearPaw  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 8:10:55 AM(UTC)
BearPaw

Groups: Registered

I had a telephone interview today for a GS7 MA position at BCRS (HRSA) today.  The job posting said they had "many" vacancies and the USAJobs description said this was a "Developmental Trainee."  The interviewer thought that the developmental trainee description was an error; he didn't believe me when I said it was in the USAJobs JOA. 

It's a management analyst job, so it makes sense that it wouldn't be any kind of trainee position, but the fact that they have many openings (confirmed by the interviewer) makes me wonder.  Can anyone in HRSA or BCRS  tell me what the culture there is like?  Do they actually hire cohorts of 0343s all at once?  And if so, what's the "life expectancy" like?  They can't hire many unless there are many retirees, unless they hire many and then turn around and weed people out like the dickens...
dumaka  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 08, 2011 5:32:42 AM(UTC)
dumaka

I currently work for HRSA and I worked in BCRS for about 4 months before moving to my current location. I'm sorry to tell you this but BCRS is a huge joke within HRSA. They can't seem to get anything right or seem to have any policies written down for people to reference from. The management has been resigned 2 or 3 times since I've been working for HRSA and a lot of people who work in BCRS are ghetto. I'm pretty sure it's gotten better since I last worked there but BCRS is known as the Bureau that Can't Remember Sh!t (BCRS). dumaka2011-12-08 13:41:59
Administrative Officer<br />HHS<br />USAF Vet 7 years
rainlovemmlove  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 10:29:11 AM(UTC)
rainlovemmlove

Hi Everyone,
It's great to see the forums back online! Since the establishment of the Forum since I have been its members really
looking forward to sharing and learning some more about my favorite things.
The site looks great and let me know if you need my help at all with forum moderation.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:12:45 PM(UTC)
crystal129

dumaka wrote:
I currently work for HRSA and I worked in BCRS for about 4 months before moving to my current location. I'm sorry to tell you this but BCRS is a huge joke within HRSA. They can't seem to get anything right or seem to have any policies written down for people to reference from. The management has been resigned 2 or 3 times since I've been working for HRSA and a lot of people who work in BCRS are ghetto. I'm pretty sure it's gotten better since I last worked there but BCRS is known as the Bureau that Can't Remember Sh!t (BCRS).

I have an interview at HRSA, BHP, Division of Practitioner Data Bank: are you familiar with this office environement?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed