Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Disability Retirement

The federal government allows employees who are unable to work to retire under a disability retirement. It is in the best interest of both employees and the federal government for employees to remain gainfully employed in their current grade or pay level, as long as they can provide useful and efficient service without endangering themselves, others or government property.
Disability retirement should be the very last option and should be used only when attempts have been made to preserve an individual's employment, and those attempts have failed.

Order our Disability Retirement guide to educate yourself on the rules and regulations concerning disability retirement for federal employees.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Postman70  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:32:56 AM(UTC)
Postman70

Groups: Registered

Can someone offer me some guidance on how to swith to OPM  disability payments while on Owcp? Any help would be appreciated...Thank you...Smile
oktoots2  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:24:43 AM(UTC)
oktoots2

You must notify both agencies of your decision to switch over to DR. You should fax your approval letter to the OWCP office and call them. I can't tell you how fast it will happen, though. I would call OPM first, since your approved case has been on hold and you want to make sure you don't collect both at the same time.
Stormbringer  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:46:41 PM(UTC)
Stormbringer

Go figure..the only instsance in which they move quickly..hhmmm
Postman70  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:22:34 PM(UTC)
Postman70

Actually I just got the approval letter yesterday..I am currently on OWCP..Now if i do not say anything to OPM will they automatically start paying me? If they do maybe its easier to do it that way and I just send OWCP back the money they paid me for the month..Not sure what the best way to do this is..Is there some type of election form to fill out?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed