Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
skunker  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:02:02 AM(UTC)
skunker

Groups: Registered

Can someone explain what exactly the "SCI - DCID 6/4" security clearance is or point me to some literature on it? I currently have this clearance after being grilled by a few BIs Wacko No reason why I got it, but they gave it to me after half a year of investigations.

Can I apply for jobs that say "Top Secret" or "Secret security clearance" required?

Thanks,
indy_phal  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 12:50:32 AM(UTC)
indy_phal

As far as I can tell it is the same thing as SCI which would mean, yes, you can apply for TS and S positions.  "DCID 6/4" are the additional adjudication guidelines applied to SCI candidates.  Take a look at this page from the Navy.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
~Security clearance 101~<br />How long does clearance take?: http://goo.gl/i9ATd<br />Adjudication criteria: http://goo.gl/OLNlN<br />DOHA verdicts (appeals): http://goo.gl/MqAZL
hustonj  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:52:02 AM(UTC)
hustonj

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
IIRC, DCID 6/14 is an indication of a positive finding on a TS/SSBI.

I don't know if you typoed and missed the 1 in the 14, or if the number changed (I think my Security Manager told me the number had changed).

I do know that this is NOT an indication that you are "cleared hot" for SCI access, simply that you have passed the early hurdles and your local approval officer can now consider approving you for SCI access (should you have a mission requirement for access and your organization is willing to spend the money on having an access billet for you to fill).
the rock99  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:26:22 AM(UTC)
the rock99

DCID 6/4 was correct, however most DCID's (including that one) have been superceded by ICD's.  ICD 704 is what applies now (took effect in 2008) 

Prior to DCID 6/4 it was DCID 1/14 (can't remember when that one changed)

the rock992011-11-22 11:32:56
Rss Feed  Atom Feed