Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Teeners  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 1:03:38 AM(UTC)
Teeners

Groups: Registered

I took the 473 test in July and have applied for 5 positions since then. 2 RCA, 2 PSE, and 1 TE. One RCA position was turned out to be too far away plus the interviewer was really abrasive. 1 PSE position went to a friend of a current work, the PSE position I dropped out of because the interviewer knew the other two applicant plus one of the was a vet and the TE position has not gone past the orientation phase yet however there was 10 of us for the position and one person is claiming veterans.

I did get an offer for a RCA position which is in the bordering state but is only 10 minutes from my house. Since it is in a bordering state they do not know about the other positions that I applied for in my state. I spoke to the HR person for my state. She called me because she saw how many jobs I had put in for and wanted to know which position I really wanted. I told I wanted the TE position because it was delivering in my village. I asked about the veteran issue and she said they get preference over all others but they still have to pass each of the hiring steps (drug test, interview, driving test, etc.) so I should not count myself out for the job. So fingers crossed because the TE position would be perfect for me.

In the meanwhile I am going ahead with the RCA position in the bordering state. I really liked the PM. She called today and said that she just received a message that no training will be held this month due to RCA counting. So I will have to wait until January to do the training.

During the interviews I was told two different ways that mail was delivered using your own vehicle. One said the driver uses a stick like thing to reach from the driver's seat to the mailbox and another said the driver sits in the middle straddling the gear shift (assuming it is on the floor) and drives using left hand/left foot in order to use right hand to reach out the passenger window.

I am wondering what current RCAs are doing? Straddling the middle seems very uncomfortable.
I was also told that one would need to inform their insurance that they are using their vehicle to deliver mail. Does the insurance go up very much when one does that?

Any info a current RCA can provide would be appreciated.
wonderboard  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 7:05:22 AM(UTC)
wonderboard

http://ruralinfo.net/

All the info at the above website to answer any questions you may have.

I carried out of a POV for awhile, and put pedals in the passenger side, and steered with my left hand. Many RCA's, and Regular carriers sit in the middle.

Never seen, or heard of a stick type delivery tool, not saying it doesn't exist, but in my case would have taken way to much time to deal with such a thing from the drivers seat.

Teeners  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 7:41:52 AM(UTC)
Teeners

Thanks wonderboard. Appreciate it.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed