Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DaneJoe  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 4:52:10 AM(UTC)
DaneJoe

Groups: Registered

I just received a security briefing stating that I have a FBI -TS clearance. I also had to take a poly for it. When I asked the Investigator if I had SCI or just TS he had no idea. I am hired as a contract linguist.  Please help it is a part time opportunity meaning I will need to find other similar hourly positions in private sector to make ends meet. Any information will be helpful. Thank you
Beagle1AD  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 9:13:13 AM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

DaneJoe wrote:
I just received a security briefing stating that I have a FBI -TS clearance. I also had to take a poly for it. When I asked the Investigator if I had SCI or just TS he had no idea. I am hired as a contract linguist.  Please help it is a part time opportunity meaning I will need to find other similar hourly positions in private sector to make ends meet. Any information will be helpful. Thank you

So what's your question? 

If it is what level of clearance you have then you need to check with the FBI personnel security office and not with the investigator.
becknrobc12  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 1:29:39 AM(UTC)
becknrobc12

Beagle hits it on the head.  When the investigator tells you your have TS-FBI...that means only that you are being investigated for Top Secret access requested by the FBI.   Once your clearance is completed, you will be hired and indoctrinated to the levels necessary for the job.   If you are indoctrinated to SCI (you will know when you are) that would be your sign that your clearance was adjudicated for SCI access.  Again, your security officer can enlighten you to what you are briefed in to and are eligible for.  Eligible does not mean indoctrinated.
kalidawg8996  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 1:43:03 AM(UTC)
kalidawg8996

As others have pointed out, you would need to check with the agency that requested the clearance for you. If this was recent, it may be that you have an interrim clearance unless the full investigation has been completed. You security officer will advise you with more details.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed