Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Procurements

Procurement is the acquisition of goods and/or services at the best possible total cost of ownership, in the right quality and quantity, at the right time, in the right place and from the right source for the direct benefit or use of corporations, individuals, or even governments, generally via a contract, or it can be the same way selection for human resource. Simple procurement may involve nothing more than repeat purchasing. Complex procurement could involve finding long term partners or suppliers that might fundamentally commit one organization to another. [Wikipedia]

Share your experience with procurements.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BleuOrleans  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 8:07:26 AM(UTC)
BleuOrleans

Groups: Registered

Hello:

I have a hypothetical question.

The government, say the U.S. Department of Funtimes, contracts with a staffing agency to do its processing. The Department of Funtimes (DOF) then, either as a parcel of that contract or separate parcel, leases a building owned by that staffing agency as the place where it intends to conduct its business. In this case it's business is producing Funtimes, which, in this hypothetical world, is a product of national importance / security. 

My question is would the DOF be in violation of any laws, e.g. contracting ethics laws? The problem that I see in this scenario is that it casts a shadow of doubt on the basis of the DOF and contract agency's relationship. It also casts doubt on the bidding practices, whether or not another private property owner with reasonable space and who was also interested in the contract, would ever have a chance to bid in a fair process. It also creates problems because, i would assume, the cost of relocating the DOF's operations would be figured into the cost of any future bids for leasable property.

The same would be true for the staffing contract.

Does this scenario have the scent of unlawfulness to it? Is there something in the U.S.C. that has to do with this?

Thanks.
kimba  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:44:27 AM(UTC)
kimba

Most executive agencies must using GSA and their leasing team.  I believe it is mandated, except where the particular agency receives a waiver to do their own.  A public link to GSA leasing is http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/104480.  Hopefully your answer is in there.

bozo  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:53:14 AM(UTC)
bozo

First of all, and procurement officer who appreciates having a job wouldn't authorize the lease, even if the proposal (or lease agreement was economically favorable). If YOU think it has the scent of conflict in there, imagine what the other competitors will think? I'll tell you what they'd think: lawsuit, unfair award practices, favoritism, etc. etc. Not saying these things don't happen, but when they do, you usually hear about them on the news. Confused
oobaloopooba  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 3:19:55 AM(UTC)
oobaloopooba

kimba wrote:

Most executive agencies must using GSA and their leasing team.  I believe it is mandated, except where the particular agency receives a waiver to do their own.  A public link to GSA leasing is http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/104480.  Hopefully your answer is in there.

Kimba,

Do you teach Contracting?
Attempt2  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 6:20:33 PM(UTC)
Attempt2

Back in the Clinton era when all this outsourcing really started that was the original plan for the majority of the contractors being hired. They were suppose to be working not at the government location but at the contractor offices and the contract was supppose to factor that in.
laurle  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 5:13:07 AM(UTC)
laurle

why are contractor advertising for applicants with this freeze going on?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed