Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
USAF  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:55:56 AM(UTC)
USAF

Groups: Registered

Why are customers paying to have their change of address done!!?? This is a free service but the USPS hides that fact and the PS Form 3575. I asked the Window Clerk for the Change of Address form and she looked at me with a dumb look. I told her, "Its the PS Form 3575 in the box behind you!" She said they don't use them and told me to go online and pay $1.00. NopeWink Got the form and did it for freeClap I then requested a box of them from the Postmaster and handed them out to the rest of the military members I work with.
TexasClk  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:02:10 AM(UTC)
TexasClk

We're not supposed to put them out for the public to pick up anymore, but we are supposed to provide them if they ask.
USAF  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:13:29 AM(UTC)
USAF

I placed a bulk order with the PM and will distribute to the troops as they get reassigned. Too bad USPS charges our troops to make sure they get their mail forwarded!
John Henry  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:05:41 PM(UTC)
John Henry

I remember some offices were having problems as people picked them up in bulk to get to the sponser's coupons. Carriers basically have to smuggle them out of the office to hand to our moving customers and those folks who see us on the street and ask for them.
alpine2g  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:39:49 PM(UTC)
alpine2g

if your like me, the people that key those cards in can not get them right ever!!!! End up with UTF mail and you name it because the address is keyed wrong. When I moved 2 years ago I did it online because I don't trust the CFS dept to get my forward right.  How sad is that? 
5 year T.E. retired a CCA 8/20/2013.
Beagle1AD  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:56:51 PM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

I change mine online cause it's cheaper.  Gas + time in the post office = isn't worth it for me

Plus as mentioned you can be sure it's correct because if it's incorrect it's going to cost you more time and time = money.
Seriously  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:34:24 PM(UTC)
Seriously

John Henry wrote:
I remember some offices were having problems as people picked them up in bulk to get to the sponser's coupons. Carriers basically have to smuggle them out of the office to hand to our moving customers and those folks who see us on the street and ask for them.

This is still a huge problem. And when I say huge, I mean HUGE. If we could break them open and hand out coupons, we'd always have a surplus of the COA cards. Most of them go straight into someone's trash.
USAF  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:30:37 PM(UTC)
USAF

There is no need to drive the form to the post office! You simply put it in your mailbox or collection point. No cost related to gas. The Forms can be obtained without the coupons. Moreover, you can print one off online and it's fillable. There are stock piles of these PS Form 3575's sitting in warehouses accross the country. Also, when you do it online you get hit with a bunch of adds and spam at the end. Been using the 3575 since 1987 w/o any problemsClap I can send out 3575 for all my other addresses from over the years to get mail going to those addressesWink

BTW... worked in a prison and inmates found a loophole to send mail for free! They just switch the to: and from: address and don't put postage on envelope. When it gets returned for no postage it gets delivered because the return address was the intended mailing addressShocked
MVN  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 12:27:16 AM(UTC)
MVN

alpine2g wrote:
if your like me, the people that key those cards in can not get them right ever!!!! End up with UTF mail and you name it because the address is keyed wrong. When I moved 2 years ago I did it online because I don't trust the CFS dept to get my forward right.  How sad is that? 

As one of the people who key those COA cards, I can tell you that it's people like YOU who don't know how to spell or punctuate who cause the keying errors. We have to try to figure out what's the first name and last name and which is the street number and what the zip code is, etc., etc., because many people don't seem to be able to read and don't put anything in the space where it's supposed to go.

In addition, many people cannot spell their own names or the names of the places they live. When you add all the complicated foreign names that we have to enter now---well, we have a tough job to try to get those entries right.

You're one of the carriers who think you're the only ones who WORK in the postal service. Get over yourselves and stop putting clerks down. We earn our pay, too.
BigBlueOcean  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:25:06 PM(UTC)
BigBlueOcean

Hey USAF,

Check out this statute, which is still on the books.
Servicemen don't need postage at all.

12 Statutes at Large
Ch. 71 § 27
Local/Drop Letter
81 US Statute 613

§Sec. 27
The Postmaster-General is authorized to provide by uniform regulation for trasmitting unpaid and duly certified letters of soldiers, sailors, and marines in the service of the United States to destination; ...

SandyB72357  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 12:10:33 AM(UTC)
SandyB72357

The reason for the dollar fee on line is not for the USPS to make a profit.  It is to keep someone else from filling out the form as a prank or just pure meaness. 
dhacker56  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 12:17:47 AM(UTC)
dhacker56

USAF wrote:

There is no need to drive the form to the post office! You simply put it in your mailbox or collection point. No cost related to gas. The Forms can be obtained without the coupons. Moreover, you can print one off online and it's fillable. There are stock piles of these PS Form 3575's sitting in warehouses accross the country. Also, when you do it online you get hit with a bunch of adds and spam at the end. Been using the 3575 since 1987 w/o any problemsClap I can send out 3575 for all my other addresses from over the years to get mail going to those addressesWink

BTW... worked in a prison and inmates found a loophole to send mail for free! They just switch the to: and from: address and don't put postage on envelope. When it gets returned for no postage it gets delivered because the return address was the intended mailing addressShocked

then the city of the prison must be the same as the city it was going.  Or the carrier is not observant.  If the postmark was a different city than the one I was delivering to it would be obvious what was happening.  I caught tons of these while I was carrying.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed