Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Contractors

Are you one of the millions who work for Uncle Sam but is not employeed by him? If so, then you are part of the federal contrators' world. This forum is created to allow contrators to share experiences and give insight to others.

FederalSoup is a FREE forum site dedicated to serving the needs of federal contractors, so please keep this forum on topic and focused. This will help make this community valuable. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mayaj  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:22:57 PM(UTC)
mayaj

Groups: Registered

...mayaj2012-04-06 13:58:57
Fed1969  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:14:01 AM(UTC)
Fed1969

mayaj wrote:
I currently have a 1 year contract for this fiscal year as self-employed/small business. I am wondering how to go about terminating this contract early if I found a job in the private sector during this year. Mainly, there may be opportunities with comparable pay AND benefits that I would prefer to have over my current situation with this contract and no benefits.

When reading through my contract, I only saw a clause regarding the right of the federal government to terminate my contract for any reason. I could find anything about my ability to terminate the contract. Are there any repercussions for this type of action (other than possibly upsetting my federal government employed supervisor)?

I am trying to stick with this contract until the end which would be September 30th, 2012. I don't hate the job...I actually rather enjoy it and would consider staying on if they made an offer for a permanent position. It is just rather uncertain if they actually will due to budget issues. Also, I know that I wouldn't want to continue this commute for more than maybe another year, I miss having benefits, and I constantly feel out of the loop as a contractor because people don't consider me to be a "real employee." This is problematic when you're expected to function as a part of a treatment team in a hospital.

Basically, I just want to figure out how to deal with the contract if another offer comes before the end date. I'm open to staying for the entire contract, but another offer would make it very tempting to leave.   

You need to work with the contract officer to terminate the contract.
mayaj  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:00:15 AM(UTC)
mayaj

... mayaj2012-04-06 13:59:38
karen1920  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:36:21 PM(UTC)
karen1920

Agree with Fed1969.  Also, if you allow your firm's performance to deteriorate or stop performance altogether, the Government can terminate for "cause" or "default," come after your firm for reprocurement costs and annotate adversely regarding your firm's performance.  Don't burn any bridges in the event you someday find yourself wanting to be awarded another Fed contract.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed