Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Disability (Rehabilitation Act)

Post your thoughts and opinions here about disability-related news topics. Members can exchange their experiences and information so to help others navigate the different programs and services available.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
curiousfrg  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 5:47:41 AM(UTC)
curiousfrg

Groups: Registered

if i'm initially hired using a schedule a disability appointment will i be apply
to other higher grade positions using the schedule a appointment again or can an applicant only use schedule a one time? does time in grade apply to schedule a?

curiousfrg2012-01-20 13:53:31
catlover68  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 8:54:06 AM(UTC)
catlover68

Time-in grade doesn't apply to anyone hired under excepted service (Schedule A Hiring Authority) etc. I found out the answer to this question last week.
malkav  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 10:42:37 PM(UTC)
malkav

I'm quite curious about the answer myself.  I'm kind of miserable at my agency, and there's another job open close by for which I am highly qualified, but it's only taking status applicants and Schedule A. Since I have yet to hit my two year point, I am not at "status" level yet.
Matyoka  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 7:38:27 AM(UTC)
Matyoka

If you are lucky enough to be selected as a Schedule A applicant, I suggest you wait it out until the situation shadowing our poor economy gets better... Some of us spent years trying to lend a job as an American with a Disability with no results. You should consider yourself lucky my dear friend :)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed