Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Training and Certification

Whether you want to improve your skills, boost your resume or prepare for a new job opportunity, training and certification programs and resources can help you achieve your goals. With the right program and resource, you will be more productive and this will help you climb the career ladder.

Here is a forum to ask questions about a particular program, to exchange insight on which is the right training, to share which certifications are the best to attain, to seek out what to do first, and to offer recommendations to others.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
o13starsnstripes  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 9:30:35 AM(UTC)
o13starsnstripes

Groups: Registered

I was unsure of where to post this but I figured this was the best place for it. I have my associates in business administration, I'm getting my undergrad degree in Finance with a minor in Accounting and once I get that done I will be going back to quickly finish up my undergrad degree in Accounting that I started previously. Now I know everyone says you should get the CPA exam but I am going to be very honest about this and that I don't really think I could do it as anyone who knows about the CPA exam that it is very difficult with a low pass rate. However I have noticed that the Certifed Internal Auditor exam is available to take and I'm not it is easy but it's more of a fit for me.

Now with all that being said how is my chance of honestly getting some kind of a job with an accounting degree and being a certified internal auditor? Thanks for all advice and opinions!
" Welcome to Loserville. Population: You. " - Deadpool
Fed1969  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:47:42 AM(UTC)
Fed1969

o13starsnstripes wrote:
I was unsure of where to post this but I figured this was the best place for it. I have my associates in business administration, I'm getting my undergrad degree in Finance with a minor in Accounting and once I get that done I will be going back to quickly finish up my undergrad degree in Accounting that I started previously. Now I know everyone says you should get the CPA exam but I am going to be very honest about this and that I don't really think I could do it as anyone who knows about the CPA exam that it is very difficult with a low pass rate. However I have noticed that the Certifed Internal Auditor exam is available to take and I'm not it is easy but it's more of a fit for me.

Now with all that being said how is my chance of honestly getting some kind of a job with an accounting degree and being a certified internal auditor? Thanks for all advice and opinions!

I suggest you consider a financial intern program with the Navy.  You could work with the Naval Audit Service or some otherNavy  finance office upon completion.  It is great program.
o13starsnstripes  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 11:09:09 PM(UTC)
o13starsnstripes

Fed1969 wrote:
o13starsnstripes wrote:

I suggest you consider a financial intern program with the Navy.  You could work with the Naval Audit Service or some otherNavy  finance office upon completion.  It is great program.

Will do! Thanks
" Welcome to Loserville. Population: You. " - Deadpool
Fed1969  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2012 11:26:47 PM(UTC)
Fed1969

Your Welcome.

Wish you the best!!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed