Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ekw1987  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 8:20:30 AM(UTC)
ekw1987

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Does anyone know the number of years an applicant needs to be "clean" to apply as a correctional officer with the BOP?  Generally for county criminal justice jobs it is 3 years.  I'm talking about minimal marijuana use over 3 years ago.  I'm wondering if their time limit is maybe 4 or 5 years?

Thank you!
GSBS  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 8:57:45 AM(UTC)
GSBS

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If you require a security clearance, the answer is or was 7 years. It's not that you must be 'clean,'  as you are presumed to never have used illegal drugs in your lifetime. They just work on the last 7 years as a base period, yet review your credit and criminal history for your entire adult life. However unless you have a reason to disclose this pot mistake you made, I wouldn't bring it up!
ekw1987  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 12:04:44 PM(UTC)
ekw1987

The reason I ask is that I went through an "integrity interview" with BOP.  I  have used marijuana 4 times in college, but no other illegal drugs.  

Interviewer asked when the last use was, finished interview, then left the room.  Came back and asked how many times I have EVER used.  Left the room again, came back asked the month of the last time I used.  Left the room and came back, asked what were the other months that I used marijuana (how am I supposed to remember that?).  After a couple of more rounds of this, she said I did not meet their qualifications "at this time" and the interview was over.  I asked her how long it had to have been since my last use and she said she couldn't tell me.  She encouraged me to apply again soon and even sent me an e-mail encouraging me to apply again soon.

I would love to apply again, but wanted to ensure that it has been long enough since my last use before doing so.  I don't anticipate any other problems with my application (no criminal record, perfect credit, bachelor's degree, graduate student, good employment history).

Thanks for your answer!
Vettor  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:52:04 PM(UTC)
Vettor

You failed your integrity interview because you broke the law multiple times.  You used illegal substances multiple times.  You are applying to an agency where you can't be a corruptible individual and your actions display quite to the contrary.  You are applying to be a Federal Law Enforcement Officer and you can't even follow the law yourself. 

Of course you are not going to get the job!  Get real! LOL

Veteran unemployment to 0%.
IslandStyle82  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:30:53 AM(UTC)
IslandStyle82

Vettor what a tacky and unnecessary response. Get down of your cross, someone else needs the wood. IslandStyle822012-02-26 12:36:23
Vettor  
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:17:56 AM(UTC)
Vettor

IslandStyle82 wrote:
Vettor what a tacky and unnecessary response. Get down of your cross, someone else needs the wood.

You obviously are as weak minded as the OP.  No place for weakness like you display.  Enlist in the military and work on your toughness. 
Veteran unemployment to 0%.
Bandit  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 12:21:10 PM(UTC)
Bandit

Depending on the agency can go to 10 years.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed