Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mlzz  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 1:59:43 AM(UTC)
mlzz

Groups: Registered

For any DOJ employees with a TS clearance, how long did your background investigation take to complete?  I know there's a separate forum for security clearances, but I know that the time frame for completion usually varies by agencies/departments.  FWIW, I don't have anything in my background that will require a lot of extra investigating.
Clark30  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:21:10 AM(UTC)
Clark30

hmm i think mine started in feb and was complete by apr, at the same time im a veteran with a prior ts before.....
Fed1969  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:15:27 AM(UTC)
Fed1969

mlzz wrote:
For any DOJ employees with a TS clearance, how long did your background investigation take to complete?  I know there's a separate forum for security clearances, but I know that the time frame for completion usually varies by agencies/departments.  FWIW, I don't have anything in my background that will require a lot of extra investigating.

If DOJ is similar to DOD, a basic TS with no major issues was generally less than 60 days.
becknrobc12  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 1:25:17 AM(UTC)
becknrobc12

Unfortunately, you will NEVER receive a firm date on when a clearance will be completed.  Even clean backgrounds take time as the investigation has to be assigned for each area and reference in your SF86.  So, one person's investigation may take 60 days and another a year.   It's frustrating for all of us but the truest statement you will hear in that there is no true timetable for a clearance to be processed and adjudicated to authorize access.   We all stand in line and wait for the response from the respective CAF to see eligibility.
Clark30  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 3:17:10 AM(UTC)
Clark30

i think it would go faster if you 3-5 friends and your immediate family all in one place and you didnt travel lmmfao.
Corleone86  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:09:55 AM(UTC)
Corleone86

Yea for me it took about 3 months.  The time it takes all depends on the locations of your references.  For instance I spent 4 years living in germany so OPM actually sent an investigator to Germany to interview my references.  You will not get your clearance unless they talk to every single one that you put on the application.
jacksonjosaf  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 02, 2012 2:22:12 PM(UTC)
jacksonjosaf

Can any tell me that what is DOJ.Actually I am new for this term....
<a href="http://www.lifeinsurancegroup.com/whole-life-insurance.php" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">whole life insurance</a> | <a href="http://www.lifeinsurancegroup.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">life insurance</a>
Bandit  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 05, 2012 12:15:12 PM(UTC)
Bandit

^Department of Justice.
As Corleone said, it depends on your background.  I had a TS/SCI in the Marine Corps and my BG for the DOJ took almost a year.  I was granted an interim TS waiver and brought on board bc it was within 3 years of my active duty TS/SCI.  I was working at my agency for about 3-4 months before the final adjudication came through.  I will say mine was a little different than most with all the addresses stateside and three different countries...
Rss Feed  Atom Feed