Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Air Reserve Technicians

Air reserve technicians, commonly referred to as ARTs, are a nucleus of managers, planners and trainers who have knowledge and expertise to smooth Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) units' transition from a peacetime to a wartime environment. They provide management continuity, equipment maintenance and training support to help keep their units combat ready.

Air reserve technicians carry dual status, working as full-time civil service employees for the Air Force and as military members in the same AFRC units where they work as civilians and performing the same job. A civil servant or public servant is a civilian career public sector employee working for a government department or agency. In their civilian role, air reserve technicians provide full-time support throughout the month for their units. In the AFRC, air reserve technicians participate with other reservists on weekends and annual active-duty tours.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scubasteve  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2012 11:13:29 AM(UTC)
scubasteve

Groups: Registered

- Ive heard that I have to fill out an OF-612 with my new experience / education to update my civilian personnel records. Have my supervisor sign off on it and then take it to Civilian Personnel to have it then sent to OPM to be scanned into my File. Is this what happens?

- There is a computer job I want to put my number in the hat for but I am a 0301 and its a 2210 same grade. I'm hoping I might have a shot if I get that info in. How long do you all think this process will take?
shambles  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:11:11 PM(UTC)
shambles

That is how I updated my Civilian Career Brief 4 or 5 years ago.  I didn't get my supervisors signature though.  I remember it was odd since the OF-612 is a job application.  If I remember right it was only a couple weeks until it was updated.  In fact I called because I didn't think they coded me correct on one of my jobs.  It turned out it was correct.  The lady on the phone bumped me up a pay grade for that particular job in my career brief. 

MC5Wes  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 3:43:26 PM(UTC)
MC5Wes

I added my Airframe And Powerplant cert to my CIV file. I just scanned it. And emailed it to AFPC. Didnt need a Supervisor signature.
Milgl  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 4:44:01 PM(UTC)
Milgl

Civilian career Brief is now dead! Tried to update mine through AFPC and was told it remains for view, but no more additions
geo8909  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 1:51:40 PM(UTC)
geo8909

Yep, for AF there is no more skills coding so no reason for the career brief.  Now even as internal employees we must apply via a personal resume on which you list your full experience.  
Fed1969  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 10:05:15 PM(UTC)
Fed1969

It is good to review your official training record on a periodic basis to make sure it is complete.  You should do the same with you OPF.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed