Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



VA (Department of Veterans Affairs)

The United States has the most comprehensive system of assistance for veterans of any nation in the world. This benefits system traces its roots back to 1636, when the Pilgrims of Plymouth Colony were at war with the Pequot Indians. The Pilgrims passed a law which stated that disabled soldiers would be supported by the colony. The establishment of the Veterans Administration came in 1930 when Congress authorized the President to "consolidate and coordinate Government activities affecting war veterans."

This forum also includes the Veterans Health Administration (VHA).

Perhaps you are working for the VA or interested in working for the VA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the VA.

Go to last post Go to first unread
Paul Romero  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 3:26:28 AM(UTC)

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/29/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1

I am trying to move back to the west coast from the east coast due to hardship. There are jobs available in the west coast with my same job series classification and same GS level. Has anyone heard of a hardship transfer in the federal government and if so how is that possible? Due to the way the job market is now I would hate to quit my job and make the move. I have too many debts to do that but I need to get back. Any suggestions would truly be appreciated! I am presently Dod and the job would be with VA.
#2 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 7:24:33 AM(UTC)

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/16/2011(UTC)
Posts: 187

Thanks: 2 times
Check out this link,
Also try using the search function above and type in "hardship transfers". You will probably come across some posts containing valuable information.
#3 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 9:16:47 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/11/2010(UTC)
Posts: 520

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You can do hardship transfers in the VA, check out the links provided but go to your supervisor and/or HR and tell them you would like to start the process of a hardship transfer.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2022, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.364 seconds.