Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Retirees

For those approaching retirement as well as the currently already retired, here is a forum to share ideas and thoughts and exchange questions and answers.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

To maximize your retirement, we also suggest you read "Retired Federal Employees Almanac".

(Reminder: soliciting of services is not allowed on this site.)

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vern267  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 10:12:57 PM(UTC)
Vern267

Groups: Registered

Good morning all 31 December 2011 retirees. I am one of you, but have a problem.
I have received several mails and emails from OPM, one included my CSA number and I received my AL and buyout on January 6. I finally called OPM and they stated that they are waiting on paperwork. This surprised me as thought the agency turned it in sometime in January. I am in quandary as to what to do. MY CPO and BEST both say that I am now OPM's problem and that they have done everything that they were supposed to do. I called DFAS- since I had a military payback and they stated that submitted to OPM on January 8th. So I guess I will just wait until 1st week of March, unless someone has better idea??

DC2  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 10:46:12 PM(UTC)
DC2

Vern267 wrote:
Good morning all 31 December 2011 retirees. I am one of you, but have a problem.
I have received several mails and emails from OPM, one included my CSA number and I received my AL and buyout on January 6. I finally called OPM and they stated that they are waiting on paperwork...

Vern267,
If you were assigned a CSA number, they must have received some paperwork. (It was my understanding they didn't assign a CSA number until they received your paperwork.) When they say they are waiting on paperwork, does that mean there may be something missing from your file? DC22012-02-04 06:52:27
Kumary  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 03, 2012 11:03:54 PM(UTC)
Kumary

I think there are quite a few waiting for that first interim check.  I don't remember the number of retirees on 12/31, something like 60,000 maybe, all waiting on OPM doesn't matter what agency one is from, we all belong to OPM now.  There are some that haven't gotten their AL payout from where they worked which would be more worrisome.  So if OPM has given you a case number, you're paperwork is there among others.

postalvet  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 12:06:34 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Vern267 wrote:
I have received several mails and emails from OPM, one included my CSA number and I received my AL and buyout on January 6. I finally called OPM and they stated that they are waiting on paperwork. This surprised me as thought the agency turned it in sometime in January. I am in quandary as to what to do. MY CPO and BEST both say that I am now OPM's problem and that they have done everything that they were supposed to do. I called DFAS- since I had a military payback and they stated that submitted to OPM on January 8th. So I guess I will just wait until 1st week of March, unless someone has better idea??

Just be patient and read all the other post to take your mind off what is happening. 

your first interm payment can show up ANYTIME. not just the first of the month.  after your first payment all others come on the first or the first business day of the month.

it is my understanding that if you call OPM and they find your file it does not go back in the stack in the same spot.  best to let this play out.  because it will all work out in the end.
Retired postal worker of 38 years who is willing to help even though some do not want to hear the truth.
Fed1969  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 2:18:46 AM(UTC)
Fed1969

You may receive your first interim payment about mid month.
Vern267  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 04, 2012 7:53:13 AM(UTC)
Vern267

I asked the OPM person what they were waiting for but she could not or would not tell me except to say that still waiting on "paperwork". I found this strange as I have started getting various emails and OPM retiree newsletters in addition to the CSA letter which went out on 6 January 2012.OH well, wait a few more weeks. Thank god my SS will come this month-hopefully?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed