Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Air Reserve Technicians

Air reserve technicians, commonly referred to as ARTs, are a nucleus of managers, planners and trainers who have knowledge and expertise to smooth Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) units' transition from a peacetime to a wartime environment. They provide management continuity, equipment maintenance and training support to help keep their units combat ready.

Air reserve technicians carry dual status, working as full-time civil service employees for the Air Force and as military members in the same AFRC units where they work as civilians and performing the same job. A civil servant or public servant is a civilian career public sector employee working for a government department or agency. In their civilian role, air reserve technicians provide full-time support throughout the month for their units. In the AFRC, air reserve technicians participate with other reservists on weekends and annual active-duty tours.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
akumaet  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 1:10:37 AM(UTC)
akumaet

Groups: Registered

I was wondering if any of you are having issues with getting boots at your bases. The problem I am having is that while in civ status and in the uniform they are issuing us boot with the gov card therefore we must go to aafes and choose from the very limited selection of boots within the set gov price range. I am trying to find out if its possible to get a set allowance and if I wanted a set of boots that are more I could pay the difference. We used to do this when we were in civis and the boot truck would come around if you go over your limit you arranged it to pay the diff. I looked at the arbitration for our unit here at Patrick and it mentions our abu tops and bottoms nothing about boots for turning in 1 for 1 .

Milgl  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 4:46:28 PM(UTC)
Milgl

Never heard of such a thing. We use Office Eagle and pick from what they offer us.
akumaet  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:58:28 AM(UTC)
akumaet

Yeah this weekend it came down we can pay the difference through aafes if we want.
B-2  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:26:11 AM(UTC)
B-2

It was determined that steel toe safety boots were authorized to civilian employees as long their job requires them to have them.  With that said, all you have to do is a GPC request for.  Please keep in mind however, that they are only allowed one pair each year and we do track each individual.  Also it should not exceed $125.00.  Anything above that, they will be required to pay the additional amount. Also the need for the item will need to be identified on your Employee Safety And Health Record. Foot Protection.

B-2
martyb  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:41:03 AM(UTC)
martyb

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I wish I had a magic time machine, and could go back just for a couple of weeks and be an ART again...lol   Man, I'd have a helluva good time!     You guys would be reading about me in the Air Force history portion of your Sr. NCO Academy......LOL

I wish this board wasn't being overrun by idiot trolls, but sadly, that's the case.
martyb2012-02-20 05:20:00
Forum trolls to 0%
daddygo1  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:41:38 PM(UTC)
daddygo1

You may be able  have 2 accounts> icould not get back into my account. o I had to register with my wifes name since she is federal retiree also.Useadded the 1 to my name. they would not delete the other account which i could not access.
lucabrasi  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:41:59 PM(UTC)
lucabrasi

akumaet wrote:
Yeah this weekend it came down we can pay the difference through aafes if we want.

That's typically how we do it these days. In the past, we could go to the local Red Wing store with a voucher of sorts and pick them up, but it's all AAFES now.
mtfed  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 4:49:44 AM(UTC)
mtfed

martyb wrote:
I wish I had a magic time machine, and could go back just for a couple of weeks and be an ART again...lol   Man, I'd have a helluva good time!     You guys would be reading about me in the Air Force history portion of your Sr. NCO Academy......LOL

That said, I have decided that soon, I am going to close my Federal Soup ID of martyb.  I have accumulated an approximately 2500 post count, and it's time to retire martyb.  I'll take a break for awhile, then maybe at some point, I might ask the Admin to allow me to register with a new ID.  I'd like to wipe the slate clean and start over fresh.  I've enjoyed exchanging thoughts with people on here, especially ARTs, who I relate to very well, having been an ART myself for more than 27 years.  I'm ready to get my name off the board, and come back with a more anonymous ID.  Also, the few folks I've had run-ins with on here...I'd like to just put them behind me.  I wish this board wasn't being overrun by idiot trolls, but sadly, that's the case.  I will be back, just not as martyb, because I enjoy spending time on here, helping when I can, and getting as much as I give.  Actually, I usually get more than I give.  Anyhow, thanks to all you guys & gals.  Take care. 

martyb
Martyb, I hope you don't stay away too long.  I have enjoyed your posts and contributions to this site.  When I got my first fed job it was as a DAC civilian with my Army Reserve unit back in 1994.  Not too long after that I found a bulletin board online for federal employees (a really old version!!) I met alot of great people on there and even found a long distance mentor in a retired Chief WO who helped me navigate the federal system.  Because of him, I was always looking ahead.  Sadly, he passed away a few years later, but I was very thankful for the BB board and the people who I met on there.  I believe this site is what that site morphed into and was very happy to have found it a couple of years ago.  There are poeple on here that I enjoy seeing their posts and comments and can rely on them to give a straight answer.  Unfortunately, as of the last year we have to wade through many posts that consists of posters using this site to throw out their crap and see if it sticks to the wall.....but I still come here....I never know what I'm going to learn.
Enjoy old friend...and I bet I'll be able to spot you within 20 posts under your new identity!Tongue
Sorry for the rambling....it's Friday.....
jbWink
Vettor  
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 3:12:17 PM(UTC)
Vettor

martyb wrote:

That said, I have decided that soon, I am going to close my Federal Soup ID of martyb.  I have accumulated an approximately 2500 post count, and it's time to retire martyb.  I'll take a break for awhile, then maybe at some point, I might ask the Admin to allow me to register with a new ID.  I'd like to wipe the slate clean and start over fresh.  I've enjoyed exchanging thoughts with people on here, especially ARTs, who I relate to very well, having been an ART myself for more than 27 years.  I'm ready to get my name off the board, and come back with a more anonymous ID.  Also, the few folks I've had run-ins with on here...I'd like to just put them behind me.  I wish this board wasn't being overrun by idiot trolls, but sadly, that's the case.  I will be back, just not as martyb, because I enjoy spending time on here, helping when I can, and getting as much as I give.  Actually, I usually get more than I give.  Anyhow, thanks to all you guys & gals.  Take care. 

martyb

Good stories martyb.  I will caution you though that what you have said your plan of action on here is in violation of the forum rules.  The forum rules state that you may only have one account and only register ONCE.  I think you and I both know that you already have more than just one account anyway!  Wink

As for the OP's original question, Wolverine makes a great boot.  Wolverine is my #1 choice. 
Veteran unemployment to 0%.
lucabrasi  
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 8:48:56 PM(UTC)
lucabrasi

Stick around marty. The trolls are nothing more than a sideshow. 

Rss Feed  Atom Feed