Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Training and Certification

Whether you want to improve your skills, boost your resume or prepare for a new job opportunity, training and certification programs and resources can help you achieve your goals. With the right program and resource, you will be more productive and this will help you climb the career ladder.

Here is a forum to ask questions about a particular program, to exchange insight on which is the right training, to share which certifications are the best to attain, to seek out what to do first, and to offer recommendations to others.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheFrederalGovt  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 01, 2012 4:51:34 AM(UTC)
TheFrederalGovt

Groups: Registered

Hello Everyone,

I am  on the cusp of becoming a GS-14 in the area of Grants Policy. I was wondering what certifications you would recommend that I get to gain the experience to eventually become a supervisor in the field of grants and/or policy. I already am a COTR, and have gotten my certificate from Management Concepts (Grants Management Certificate Program - Federal Track).

Any guidance on what some valuable certifications would be to take that next step, I would greatly appreciate it - Thanks!
Auroras  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 8:17:06 AM(UTC)
Auroras

It really depends.  What is your military experience is the key to answer your question, because education and certs don't matter nearly as much if you have military experience.  It sounds like you might be somewhat lacking in this department.   
oktoots  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 11:29:31 AM(UTC)
oktoots

The real question is, what is YOUR military experience, Aurorassvettor? What are YOUR qualifications? Apparently, it doesn't matter because you didn't get a Federal job.

And for your information, real veterans (unlike you) are not owed a federal job any more than non-veterans. There is not law that says they are the only ones entitled.  That's just the way it is and that's the law. If you don't like the policy, do something about it besides whining and lecturing. There is no such thing as "you didn't serve, so you don't get to have a federal job". That is cr@p.
  Learn to love it.

multiple identities to 0%
titan2245  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 3:35:42 PM(UTC)
titan2245

To the OP, buy as many certifications as you can afford to purchase, you can never buy enough.

titan2245  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 3:37:50 PM(UTC)
titan2245

oktoots wrote:
The real question is, what is YOUR military experience, Aurorassvettor? What are YOUR qualifications? Apparently, it doesn't matter because you didn't get a Federal job.

And for your information, real veterans (unlike you) are not owed a federal job any more than non-veterans. There is not law that says they are the only ones entitled.  That's just the way it is and that's the law. If you don't like the policy, do something about it besides whining and lecturing. There is no such thing as "you didn't serve, so you don't get to have a federal job". That is cr@p.
  Learn to love it.
Oktoots, you didn't serve either, so perhaps you should just keep your broadly generalized statements regarding what Veterans are and are not owed, to yourself.  Like it or not Veterans are the only group that this Country does OWE.titan22452012-03-06 23:57:02
Rss Feed  Atom Feed