Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Expo2012  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 02, 2012 12:59:39 AM(UTC)
Expo2012

Groups: Registered

GSA Training Conference and Expo 2012

The GSA Training Conference and Expo 2012 will take place May 15-17, 2012, at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas.

As GSA's signature training conference and exposition, this event is specially designed to benefit federal, state and local government employees and military members who make or influence procurement decisions. An invaluable experience for acquisition or program managers, the GSA Training Conference and Expo provides you with opportunities to:

• Build your acquisition knowledge with our extensive, three-day, Continuous Learning Point (CLP)-certified training class program;
  • Network with hundreds of experts from GSA and other agencies;
  • Meet with GSA vendors who provide technical expertise and products and services right for your organization's needs; and
  • Bring your national or regional staff together for a meeting in one of our complimentary meeting rooms. 

Experience the service, innovation and value that GSA has to offer. Plan now to attend the GSA Training Conference and Expo in 2012!

To register visit www.expo.gsa.gov or contact us via the Expo Helpline (888) 243-0706 or e-mail at expo@gsa.gov.
Inquire  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 02, 2012 10:21:17 AM(UTC)
Inquire

So Ehhhhhh will the $3,200 mind reader be there? And and will we get one of those $6,300 commemorative coin set displayed in velvet boxes and $75,000 on a training exercise to build a bicycle??????

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/ouch-gsa-chief-martha-johnson-blew-taxpayers-bucks#ixzz1qvCt0333
Expo2012 wrote:

GSA Training Conference and Expo 2012

The GSA Training Conference and Expo 2012 will take place May 15-17, 2012, at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas.

As GSA's signature training conference and exposition, this event is specially designed to benefit federal, state and local government employees and military members who make or influence procurement decisions. An invaluable experience for acquisition or program managers, the GSA Training Conference and Expo provides you with opportunities to:

• Build your acquisition knowledge with our extensive, three-day, Continuous Learning Point (CLP)-certified training class program;
  • Network with hundreds of experts from GSA and other agencies;
  • Meet with GSA vendors who provide technical expertise and products and services right for your organization's needs; and
  • Bring your national or regional staff together for a meeting in one of our complimentary meeting rooms. 

Experience the service, innovation and value that GSA has to offer. Plan now to attend the GSA Training Conference and Expo in 2012!

To register visit www.expo.gsa.gov or contact us via the Expo Helpline (888) 243-0706 or e-mail at expo@gsa.gov.
"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil."
Beagle1AD  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 10:16:16 AM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

San Antonio, Texas?  Really?  I was hoping for Hawaii after the Vegas party in 2011.

GSA is on the top ten for best place to work in the government.

One question is Hank going to be there?  I like a picture with him and his autograph.

Inquire  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 12:07:58 PM(UTC)
Inquire

Beagle1AD wrote:
San Antonio, Texas?  Really?  I was hoping for Hawaii after the Vegas party in 2011.

GSA is on the top ten for best place to work in the government.

One question is Hank going to be there?  I like a picture with him and his autograph.

Hank????? I want to know if that mind reader will be there, or is the mind reader named Hank????

Top Ten best places?????? surely you jest.... GSA is number one, they give good prizes - like ipods
Inquire2012-04-06 20:14:56
"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil."
Beagle1AD  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 12:41:19 PM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

Dude you're missing out.

Hank is a celebrity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vofWkCJvbDo

He won the video contest and was a commissioner for a day or rather 15 mins.

I mean the video was really good and the guy is talented but the problem was fraud waste and abuse with the $820k spend.  Who knows how much of it was fraud but I'm willing to say the whole thing started out as fraud.

Paying an outside company $12k as a finder's fee for finding their resort in Las Vegas.

I'm offended with the whole ATF comment I mean people died because of that. 

YoungFed  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 2:09:57 PM(UTC)
YoungFed

Wow this isn't good for the public sector at all.
Beagle1AD  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 06, 2012 3:19:56 PM(UTC)
Beagle1AD

What sucks is the GSA employees that are following the rules and trying to save the government money.  Now they too are going to have to suffer since I doubt Congress would want to increase GSA budget.

Knight  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 10:26:19 PM(UTC)
Knight

Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
My agency will not even consider Vegas after this. Even if Vegas was cheaper it is seen as boondoggle so off limits.
spacecowboy  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 11:12:26 PM(UTC)
spacecowboy

The issue I see here, is the government mentality of "use or lose" funds. "Okay, we have $500,000 in our training budget, if we don't use this money by April, we lose it all."...So, let's spend it!

Vegas is going to take a severe hit after this. I requested to go to a legit conference being held in Vegas, and was shut down.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed