Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oldmanpgh  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 4:39:06 AM(UTC)
oldmanpgh

Groups: Registered

i am curious as to the amount of campus processing backlog of returns, correspondence, inj spouse, or amended returns, if any........i have seen very quick turn around on several 1040x filings and i am concerned that if there is no backlog our season will be as short or shorter than last year....as i work at a remote call site we are being offered overtime so does this mean more time for campus employees to be assigned to paper inventory..... thanks ....Smile
oldmanpgh  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 8:12:39 AM(UTC)
oldmanpgh

well it looks as if the call volumes are starting to drop what  there not being not any new pressing tax law issues this year and as others have posted it looks like an early seasonal furlough.. has anyone received any specific indications from their management teams by any chance as to when the furlough might start........... also has anyone been informed of any training classes that are going to be held......thanks for any input......Thumbs Up
donmack  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:38:35 PM(UTC)
donmack

Haven't heard about Furlough yet, but there are rumors going around
donmack  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 1:34:38 AM(UTC)
donmack

forgot to add our campus has been doing paper almost all the time for about a month.
coalie  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 02, 2012 2:23:05 PM(UTC)
coalie

we are struggling to find any amended returns to work in Memphis.. We are not a paper site but i remember a full inventory of aged cases.  We are currently working 50 day 30 day and below cases.  Occasionally there are none at all and we've been doing busy work.. (undeliverable correspondence).  Worried about my first long furlough this year.  First year was 4 weeks  Second was 3... Yeah.  Not looking too hot. 

donmack  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 02, 2012 8:05:40 PM(UTC)
donmack

We're still doing almost exclusively paper.  Didn't take a single phone call last week and was averaging about 2 hours a week on the phone beforehand.  We have ID theft training coming up and some of the day shift are already in training for it
Rss Feed  Atom Feed