Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chadunger  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2012 10:59:16 PM(UTC)
chadunger

Groups: Registered

I guess all hiring isn't frozen. TAS has received the green light to fill 128 positions across the country, including Grades 9 and 11 Case Advocates, Grade 12 Lead Advocates, and 5/6/7 Intake Advocates. I belive this announcement is open to current feds only. Anyone looking into these positions? Current or former TAS people, feel free to comment and provide info.
chadunger  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:44:49 AM(UTC)
chadunger

This announcement closed on April 9th, after being extended a few weeks due to system problems. Did anybody put in for one of these TAS positions? I hear good things about TAS and often times when you read the bio of a senior executive or other higher ups, it seems that a lot of them, regardless of where they are now, spent a portion of their career at some point in TAS. That being said, it would seem these positions give you the experience or attractiveness to go on to bigger and better things, and may be a good stepping stone for those interested in career advancement. Just my opinion of course. Any current or former TAS employees, feel free to comment.
MemphisTCO  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:33:31 AM(UTC)
MemphisTCO

I spent about 6 months in TAS as an IA and I hated it.  I guess it just depends which TAS office you are in.  The people in my group seemed as if they thought they were better than everyone else.  If your opinion clashed with theirs, then you were outcast.  If you were not part of their little clique or friends with certain people, then you didn't fit in.  And they made sure you knew that.  I could not get out of there fast enough.  I know many other people in TAS in other states around the country and they seem to love it-so like I said, it just depends which office you are with. 
Rss Feed  Atom Feed