Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Employees: You be the Judge

Get real-life reviews of key court cases involving federal employees. Share your opinion on the outcomes of these cases, or participate in other discussions about workplace issues that may impact your job.

Be civil when debating with others in the forum. Uncivil remarks toward any other forum member is prohibited on FederalSoup and should be reported immediately.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
frustratedFed  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2012 10:37:23 AM(UTC)
frustratedFed

Groups: Registered

Who here has experience with working in a hostile work environment that has gone on for years?

Can an agency be so adamant about saving face that it will allow and even support the perpetrators and managers who created, engaged in, and supported a hostile work environment?

How much loss of production and many complaints does it take for an agency to take action?
wizard  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2012 10:01:03 PM(UTC)
wizard

Dear frustrated,
Have you contacted your local EEO counselor?
frustratedFed  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2012 10:17:40 PM(UTC)
frustratedFed

wizard wrote:
Dear frustrated,

Yes, EEO complaint was filed and case is has been received by EEOC for proceedings with an Administrative Judge, but no change....Actually, work environment is worst.
frustratedFed  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2012 10:20:06 PM(UTC)
frustratedFed

wizard wrote:
Dear frustrated,

Yes, EEO complaint was filed and case is has been received by EEOC for proceedings with an Administrative Judge, but no change
spacecowboy  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 12:05:29 AM(UTC)
spacecowboy

Yes, the government breeds a culture that creates and flourishes a hostile work environment. The answer to this is mediation, and while it does not provide a cure, at least it takes the heat off.
wizard  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 12:39:31 AM(UTC)
wizard

frustratedFed wrote:
wizard wrote:
Dear frustrated,

Yes, EEO complaint was filed and case is has been received by EEOC for proceedings with an Administrative Judge, but no change
contact your eeo counselor again and tell him/her you want to file a sepearate complaint for retaliation.
RAgent  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 2:36:14 AM(UTC)
RAgent

You seem to be describing IRS.  IRS has a horrible and corrupt environment rife with nepotism, but it's only been that way in the last few years due to the territory manager who encourages it - He's also very incompetent, and he and his family didn't get their jobs on merit (they are minorities, and even others of their own race recognize their incompetence).  A few years back when there was good leadership, it was a great place to work.   
GenuineRisk  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 3:19:48 AM(UTC)
GenuineRisk

GenuineRisk2012-05-07 14:37:08
TheFrederalGovt  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 3:43:56 AM(UTC)
TheFrederalGovt

GenuineRisk wrote:
I understand your grief.  I'm a probationary employee and only have 2 months probation left and an "attempted assualt" was made upon me.  However, since I backed away to prevent the assault, it was not assault according to the police.  Now, I'm under constant scrutiny and they are blaming me for everything. 

Thats horrible GenuineRisk.... I am so sorry you are being treated like that especially because you are seen as more expendable than the person who committed the assault. I wish you well.
GenuineRisk  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 4:05:04 AM(UTC)
GenuineRisk

Mesi GenuineRisk2012-05-07 14:34:36
Auroras  
#11 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 5:52:53 AM(UTC)
Auroras

GenuineRisk wrote:

I'm very afraid that I'll lose my job even though I'm a veteran

I am sorry you are another victim of corrupt HR officials.  Veterans need to fight this kind of constant discrimination against Veterans with litigation.  Prepare yourself to litigate today. 
TheFrederalGovt  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 6:10:24 AM(UTC)
TheFrederalGovt

Hey Auroras/ big sarge / vettor,

No need to cry you anti-vet, parents-basement dwelling troll.
Auroras  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 6:29:32 AM(UTC)
Auroras

TheFrederalGovt wrote:
Hey Auroras/ big sarge / vettor,

No need to cry you anti-vet, parents-basement dwelling troll.

The only basement mole troll on this forum is TheFrederalGovt and their numerous anti-Veteran aliases trying to dissuade Veterans and military spouses from litigating against the constant discrimination and corruption they face on a daily basis. 
icdaily  
#14 Posted : Friday, March 09, 2012 7:03:25 AM(UTC)
icdaily

Confused
Hello I have 32 years of Federal Service and I am in a hostile environment.
I saw it coming.
I have my witnessess. I just received a letter of Proposed removal because my supervisor states I don't know my work.  She wants me out of there.

I have so much information witnesses, medical conditions, suggest you document everything and obtain copies of all documents and emails
and suggest to hire a Lawyer.

I hope it all goes good for you and myself.
Cry
Somewhere in the U.S.
grieveit  
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:45:50 AM(UTC)
grieveit

frustratedFed wrote:
Who here has experience with working in a hostile work environment that has gone on for years?

Can an agency be so adamant about saving face that it will allow and even support the perpetrators and managers who created, engaged in, and supported a hostile work environment?

How much loss of production and many complaints does it take for an agency to take action?
A hostile work environment?? Define it for me please.. I've heard the term used often but it usually means I don't like my boss or I can't get my way
rabbitdog99  
#16 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 12:43:36 AM(UTC)
rabbitdog99

grieveit wrote:
A hostile work environment?? Define it for me please.. I've heard the term used often but it usually means I don't like my boss or I can't get my way

Hostile work environment occurs
when unwelcome comments or conduct based on sex, race or other legally
protected characteristics unreasonably interferes with an employee’s work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment.
The victim can be anyone affected by the conduct, not just the individual at whom the offensive conduct is directed.

icdaily  
#17 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 4:06:16 AM(UTC)
icdaily

Hostile work environment:

belittle, badgers, my work performance and does not provide a PIP performance improvement plan,
removed my work duties and by LAW she did not have authority to perform these duties creating errors and turned to me pointing fingers that I made the errors.
removed me from all meetings, contacts, customers and working conditions to perform my duties.
Hostile work environment and discriminated under sex and race.

Best of Luck.

Somewhere in the U.S.
grieveit  
#18 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 9:43:36 AM(UTC)
grieveit

rabbitdog99 wrote:
grieveit wrote:

Hostile work environment occurs
when unwelcome comments or conduct based on sex, race or other legally
protected characteristics unreasonably interferes with an employee’s work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment.
The victim can be anyone affected by the conduct, not just the individual at whom the offensive conduct is directed.

Pretty much what I thought looks like we  have hurt feelings and no case
oktoots  
#19 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 10:39:34 AM(UTC)
oktoots

As usual, Grieveit/Maxketter, not being an employee of any kind, much less for the Federal Govt., you don't have a clue in understanding the definition of hostile work environment. Your anti-civil service worker agenda is taking all the empathy out of you.
 With every post you give yourself away.Clown

To the original poster, do not pay attention to this character.

multiple identities to 0%
grieveit  
#20 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 12:26:35 PM(UTC)
grieveit

thank you TROLL
Rss Feed  Atom Feed