Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
countrychick  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 12:23:11 AM(UTC)
countrychick

Groups: Registered

An opening announced to US citizens closes a full 3 weeks before the announcement open to status closes.  Is this because they have a local in mind or are they giving plenty of time for status folks to apply?  Confusing and I am befuzzled.Shocked
thalweg  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 5:51:21 AM(UTC)
thalweg

You can call and ask.  Double check that it is the same exact position.  Maybe their is an agreement with the union to fly merit promotion vacancies for a specific amount of time.  Maybe the one open to all U.S. citizens is shorter becasue they can get enough qualified applicants there in a shorter time due to so many applying.  I can only guess.
baron90  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 10:46:44 PM(UTC)
baron90

Thalweg hit the nail on the head-  if the position is bargaining unit then all merit announcements have a minimum amount of time that they must be advertised and this is usually after they have done an internal outreach.  The "open all" announcements do not have this requirement.
countrychick  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:26:11 AM(UTC)
countrychick

Thank you both.  That is interesting and had never occured to me.  Do they have to open it US and merit then or could they have only opened merit if they had wanted to?
tsbtmill2  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 10:06:53 PM(UTC)
tsbtmill2

They can post jobs for either US citizens or status/merit candidates.  I believe that only entry level positions have to posted for US citizens and not status/merit.  You will also see jobs that for agency only or all federal employees under the status/merit positions.
thalweg  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:51:33 AM(UTC)
thalweg

They do an outreach before advertising positions.  The size, quality, and diversity of the pool responding to the outreach is supposed to guide whether positions are only merit promotion or merit promotion & US citizens.

thalweg2012-03-20 16:56:50
rainlovemmlove  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 10:33:03 AM(UTC)
rainlovemmlove

Wow we are filling up nice on the members page, just wanted to take a moment and say hello, and welcome to the club :lol:
perhaps we should all take a moment and write down a little somthin about ourselves,
I am Larry (AKA, 00RS) I am 26 From Freddy beach.
If any of you come by Fredericton, you can find me usually @ my Families Restaurant called - Aggies Restaurant And Catering
open all yr around
Peace.  

<a href="http://www.mmolive.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Cheap Wow Gold</a>|<a href="http://www.mmohome.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Buy RS Gold</a>
Rss Feed  Atom Feed