Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Relocating

Are you considering relocating your federal career - either by your choice or by Uncle Sam? There are practical issues and concerns to think about when deciding whether or not to relocate. Others have done it while still others have not. This forum will allow for all to offer their insight, post their questions, and help each other out.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dodlawman  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 3:38:43 AM(UTC)
dodlawman

Groups: Registered

Im a current DOD GS employee (Whose job will be cut since it isnt on the TDA) accepted a tenative offer with the Forest Service WG job which is a big promotion for me.  Relocation expenses are paid for in the announcement and by HR lady.  She wouldnt give me all the details on the RELO till I passed the drug test (Which I had a random the week before for DOD) and my background (Which im DOD law enforcement) so I know I will have no problems.

But my question, which I have been researching alot is what RELO will cover for a current fed employee going to a different agency (DOD to Forest Service)through merit promotion program?  I will be relocating to another state.  Any info or experiences would be appreciated.   Thanks
TS65  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 3:47:17 AM(UTC)
TS65

http://www.doi.gov/pfm/fams/fam2008-17b.pdf   Here's the PCS guide for DOI, but I'm guessing it's relatively similar across the board.

baron90  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 11:01:35 PM(UTC)
baron90

This is the publication the FS gives employees for PCS/TOS

Rss Feed  Atom Feed