Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
falcaner  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:46:03 AM(UTC)
falcaner

Groups: Registered

Hey everyone,
    Since seems to be the informed place I wanted to ask a question. Does anyone have any idea how many FBI SA openings their are going to be this year. If I remember correctly there were only two last year( spring and then Sep). I had heard that they were going to opean it back up again in Febuary but here we are in mid march and still nothing. I wasn't able to apply for the last one because i was still in the military and i wasn't sure the timing would be right. I have asked my local FO but I haven't heard anything back yet and i am just wondering if anyone has any insight into this.

fly81  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:13:40 AM(UTC)
fly81

Hi,
I don't think there will be any SA opening until maybe the end of the year. The 2011 applicants are still being screened and some of the 2010 applicants are waiting for a date to start training at Quantico. It also depends on the budget available.
Make sure you check the FBI job wesbite often and apply if a new SA annoucement is posted.
Best of luck.
fly81.
falcaner  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:37:02 AM(UTC)
falcaner

I am pretty concerned at this point. I am 34 and I am starting to look down the barrel of the age restriction. I will feel a lot better about it if i can get my app in this year hopefully sooner rather than later.i am also look at some other agencies as well and it would be hard to turn them down if I have barley started the application process for the FBI. has anyone who has applied found themselves in the same position?

jrhoads  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:40:54 AM(UTC)
jrhoads

Falcaner,
Take another 1811 gig if you are offered one. That will stop the age clock and you may really enjoy where you land. jrhoads2012-03-22 09:46:24
jrhoads  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:43:07 AM(UTC)
jrhoads

I just realized you are a vet, 37 does not apply to you. Veterans can get a waiver for the age limit.

marcuscthomas  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:06:17 PM(UTC)
marcuscthomas

Since FBI Special Agent Positions have a mandatory retirement at age 57, the age limit applies for everyone, Vets included.  jrhoads is correct, it can be waived. However, that is rarely done and therefore not an ideal solution.  I would take a look at the first suggestion, namely, pursue another 1811 position to "freeze" the time clock.  

JayhawkFan  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:15:23 PM(UTC)
JayhawkFan

Look for another entry level 1811 position and you will see that they are very few and far between. It would be easier if you look for a federal law enforcement position that is not in the 1811 series that will stop the clock.

As an example, there is a hiring announcement for CBP Officer on usajobs right now. No it is not criminal investigator work, but it is federal LE, and will stop the clock.

falcaner  
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 11:09:24 PM(UTC)
falcaner

Jayhawk good point, I have started looking at NCIS and federal Marshals as well but they don't seem to be hiring right now either.  Good new FBI just changed the website, bad news is now all it says that hiring is closed. That and i cant seem to get anyone at my local FO to answer one of my questions. So here is crossing my fingers that something will open up this year.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed