Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Social Security Administration

The Social Security Administration (SSA) is an independent agency of the United States federal government that administers Social Security, a social insurance program consisting of retirement, disability, and survivors' benefits. To qualify for these benefits, most American workers pay Social Security taxes on their earnings; future benefits are based on the employees' contributions. (Source: Wikipedia)

Perhaps you are working for the SSA or interested in working for the SSA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the SSA.

Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:41:11 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/7/2009(UTC)
Posts: 448

Due to offset I will be refunding Social Security the last three payments I received - as my CSRS has been finalized. My concern here is at this point I am paying taxes on 12 months receipt -and so entered on my 1040 -how all I be getting this "overpayment" of my refund of $2400.00 - - -
#2 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 5:38:20 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/13/2011(UTC)
Posts: 378

All the SS payments you received in 2011 are potentially taxable and should be reported to IRS as part of your tax return for 2011. This would include the amounts that you subsequently have to refund to SSA this year. When you get your 2012 form 1099 from SSA, it will reflect any refunds you made this year, reducing the 2012 income you report to IRS accordingly.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

This page was generated in 0.572 seconds.