Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
b-randon  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 10:30:54 AM(UTC)
b-randon

Groups: Registered

So I was looking into corrections jobs with BOP and was curious if anyone on here has any info as to what prisons are in need of officers more so than others.  I saw on the announcement about the incentives for all the locations in CA but I was hoping there might be some further east.  I applied for this position under the announcement posted last year and never heard a thing and figured it was maybe because my preferences were for locations that weren't really hiring.  Any info would help.
zzr600guy  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 10:37:31 AM(UTC)
zzr600guy

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Like you said there are a few out here in CA that are in need. I know Mendota is a newer facility so they probably have more openings. As for the east coast I have no idea. My suggestion is to research to see if there are any newer facilities out there, because then chances are they will be hiring.
BOPLT  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 12:35:53 PM(UTC)
BOPLT

Well I work for the BOP, And I know they are hiring for FCI Berlin in New Hampshire. Its way up north. I know they were having issues finding people.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed