Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Contractors

Are you one of the millions who work for Uncle Sam but is not employeed by him? If so, then you are part of the federal contrators' world. This forum is created to allow contrators to share experiences and give insight to others.

FederalSoup is a FREE forum site dedicated to serving the needs of federal contractors, so please keep this forum on topic and focused. This will help make this community valuable. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
B-2  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 3:47:17 AM(UTC)
B-2

Groups: Registered

Potential offerors must be a HUBZone contractor and registered in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR). What do you think about the Solicitation posted  LOOKING FOR HUBZONE CONTRACTORS. Solicitation was changed because the contractor they want is not a HUBZone contractor anymore so they pulled the Potential offeror must be a HUBZone contractor out of the Solicitation.

B-2
karen1920  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:42:03 PM(UTC)
karen1920

Without seeing what you saw, I'm guessing that was a request for information searching for HUBZONE sources.  If there wasn't sufficient response from HUBZONE entities, that allows the contracting officer to solicit all small businesses, not set the acquisition aside for HUBZONE small businesses.
B-2  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 2:28:49 AM(UTC)
B-2

Looking for a Hubzone contractor was changed to CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR SERVICE-DISABLED VETERAN-OWNED SMALL BUSINESS CONTRACTORS. Hubzone was removed. How many times can contracting change things to fit the company they like?
B-2
karen1920  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 2:58:26 AM(UTC)
karen1920

Now I'm starting to wonder myself whether they're trying to meet an acquisition 'goal,' don't know how to effectively post an RFI, or, as you suggest, are trying to do an end-run on acq regulations.  Can you shoot me an IM giving me the specifics so I can look at the announcement?
B-2  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 4:34:04 AM(UTC)
B-2

They removed the post today. I will be looking for a re-issue.
B-2
B-2  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:00:30 AM(UTC)
B-2

Re-posted last week

FA4625-12-R-0011

This is set-aside for SERVICE-DISABLED VETERAN-OWNED SMALL BUSINESS. All qualified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business concerns are eligible to participate. All other firms are ineligible to submit offers.

Why does the re-posting say this ? It is anticipated that the solicitation will be issued electronically on the FedBizOpps posting system on or about 6 July 2012.

Thank you for your feedback.

B-2
hustonj  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 4:21:19 AM(UTC)
hustonj

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
B-2 wrote:

Re-posted last week

FA4625-12-R-0011

This is set-aside for SERVICE-DISABLED VETERAN-OWNED SMALL BUSINESS. All qualified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business concerns are eligible to participate. All other firms are ineligible to submit offers.

Why does the re-posting say this ? It is anticipated that the solicitation will be issued electronically on the FedBizOpps posting system on or about 6 July 2012.

Thank you for your feedback.

Because voluntarily participating in a program targetting such a business allows them to get through the acquisition paperwork FASTER.  They have less red tape to do, less time to wait for replies and challanges, and a great number of the businesses built to take advantage of such set-aside offers actually sub-contract out to the big names they would have access to if they went through the full-blown, onerous process.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed