Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Labor

The Department of Labor fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the United States by improving their working conditions, advancing their opportunities for profitable employment, protecting their retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, strengthening free collective bargaining, and tracking changes in employment, prices, and other national economic measurements.

In carrying out this mission, the Department administers a variety of Federal labor laws including those that guarantee workers' rights to safe and healthful working conditions; a minimum hourly wage and overtime pay; freedom from employment discrimination; unemployment insurance; and other income support. (DOL's mission statement)

Perhaps you are working for the DOL or interested in working for the DOL. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DOL.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Errinjan  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 2:04:00 AM(UTC)
Errinjan

Groups: Registered

We have received a favorable decision from ECAB reversing a OWCP Termination of Benefits Decision.
We received correspondence yesterday from the OWCP that included  form CA-1032 that needs to be completed and asking for a form CA-7 to be filled out also. In Section 2 of the CA-7 form it asks for a "type" under the "Other Wage Loss" check box. Our Question is "since the wage loss was due to a Benefits Termination Decision. How would that be categorized?  

thank you
edalder  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 2:12:32 AM(UTC)
edalder

Other wage loss is usually the situation that arises when someone has to take a lower paying job because of the work injury. It could also be a situation where someone who normally works nights and Sundays, is switched to the day shift on M-F schedule and, therefore, losses out those extra shift pays.

If OWCP terminated benefits, but is now ordered to reinstate them, I would not use this box, unless you have been employed at lower paying job/rate since OWCP benefits were terminated.
Kivi
Errinjan  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:30:36 AM(UTC)
Errinjan

do you have a suggestion on which box needs to be checked?

edalder  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:15:34 AM(UTC)
edalder

If you have not worked at all since OWCP stopped its benefits then use box "a", even if the Federal employer has separated you. Technically you were in a nonpay status rather than LWOP. The point that you are trying to make is that you had no wages for the period that you are claiming. The beginning date would be the effective date OWCP stopped its benefits.

If you have worked, but were off intermittently, use "a", but also do a 7a to list the specific dates. This one would most likely apply if you remained a Federal employee.

If you remain a Federal employee and you have used sick or annual  leave. then box b might apply.

Use box c if you have worked but for lesser pay.

If you have been approved for your OPM retirement, do include that information on the CA-7. You cannot receive OWCP total or partial wage loss benefits concurrently with OPM retirement benefits.
Kivi
Errinjan  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:30:50 AM(UTC)
Errinjan

Thank you, my wife has been on OPM Disability Retirement since the OWCP Termination. Will filing the CA-7 cause her not to get her next OPM benefits check?
I realize we need to file it to get back on OWCP. I just wonder if we should wait until after she receives her check on April 1st. We have 30 days from yesterday to complete the forms.

Stormbringer  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:14:12 AM(UTC)
Stormbringer

I have a similar question..I was out on owcp until they terminated melast check was 6/2011, was approved for Retirement 9/2011. 3/2012 my lawyer mails me a ca7 to fill out telling me I should fill out for the times above..even though owcp vacated the decision they made to terminate me. Question is..
This will mess up my finalization if I collect more money from that time, will it not? Thanks!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed