Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dodlawman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 2:55:36 PM(UTC)
dodlawman

Groups: Registered

I was recently hired through merit promotion to the Forest Sevice that had openings at 22 locations for a certain position.  I was hired for one and HR did not mention the other locations.  I havent started yet and the transfer hasn't been complete from DOD to FS.  I was one wondering if I can request a different location than the one they are putting me in before I leave DOD and I get my RELO?  I just did my drug test so im thinking nothing has been done for that location yet.
thalweg  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 1:00:44 AM(UTC)
thalweg

Maybe.  Some positions are virtual and different duty stations are sometimes negotible.  In other cases they have the same need at many locations and different hiring officials pull their referral lists from the same announcments and those cases are less likely to be changed.  Check with your contacts in HR and/or the selecting official.  Even though 22 locations may have been advertised they may not be filling positions now at all 22.  Plus typically when applying you say where you are willing to work.  Let us know what you find out.
Fed1969  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 03, 2012 12:48:45 AM(UTC)
Fed1969

dodlawman wrote:

I was recently hired through merit promotion to the Forest Sevice that had openings at 22 locations for a certain position.  I was hired for one and HR did not mention the other locations.  I havent started yet and the transfer hasn't been complete from DOD to FS.  I was one wondering if I can request a different location than the one they are putting me in before I leave DOD and I get my RELO?  I just did my drug test so im thinking nothing has been done for that location yet.

I would let them know you would be interested in these other locations, and ask the possibility of starting elsewhere now or transferring at a later date.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed