Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Inside the News

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current federal employee related news topics. This forum is for U.S. federal government news topics only -- specifically, news that directly affects federal employees, their jobs, pay, benefits or other workplace issues.

Please refrain from posting topics on general current events, U.S. or world politics, etc. FederalSoup is a FREE forum site dedicated to serving the needs of federal employees, so keeping forum topics focused to those readers and members here is what makes this community valuable. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fed1969  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:53:03 PM(UTC)
Fed1969

Groups: Registered

President's Pay Agent rejects locality pay expansion for 5 cities

www.federalnewsradio.com%2F722%2F2798775%2FPresidents-Pay-Agent-rejects-locality-pay-expansion-for-5-cities&layout=button_count&locale=en_US&node_type=link&sdk=joey&show_faces=false&width=640" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"> 

Friday - 3/23/2012, 7:49am  ET

The President's Pay Agent (PPA) rejected a proposal by the Federal Salary Council (FSC) to expand locality pay to five new cities.

Locality pay increases salaries of federal workers in high-cost locations based on a formula.

In November 2011, the FSC recommended expanding existing pay areas and adding additional localities in 2013. While it recommended not using data from the 2011 Occupational Employment Statistics (OES)/National Compensation Survey (NCS) model, FSC did ask PPA to use an "appropriately aged" formula based on the model to determine the eligibility of five cities — Albany, N.Y.; Albuquerque, N.M.; Bakersfield, Calif.; Charlotte, N.C.; and Harrisburg, Pa.

After reviewing the recommendations, PPA rejected expanding locality pay for the five cities saying if it could not use the 2011 model in current locality pay areas, it shouldn't use the model in other areas until issues with the model were resolved.

In its annual report on General Schedule Locality-Based Comparability Payments, PPA said "new pay areas must be selected in a systematic fashion, that changes in existing pay area boundaries should be considered only after new metropolitan area definitions are published and new commuting pattern data covering all counties in the country are available, and that any such changes be made when the Government can better afford them."

In addition, PPA preferred to approve localities that had gone through a systematic selection process, which was not the case here. FSC had recommended the five cities for higher locality pay because employee groups in the cities had requested the increase.

FSC also recommended restoring funding to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) so it could continue the full NCS. Although PPA agreed that is was important to obtain sufficient salary survey data, it considered the $9.8 million it would take to restore NCS to be "a considerable sum." It asked FSC to reassess the recommendation next year. That would give FSC the chance to review an additional year of salary information from the merging of OES/NCS program data.

"While the former NCS program may provide for a more stable means of measuring pay gaps compared to relying on the limited sample now available as a result of BLS budget limitations, we do not believe it is feasible to provide more funding for the NCS program before exploring other options," the report stated.

http://www.federalnews.c...rticle/sharetop-bkg.png; -attachment: scroll; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; : transparent; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: -15px; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 15px; padding-bottom: 6px; padding-left: 15px; bottom: -12px; : ; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb229, 229, 229; -: 0px 0px; -repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">

grieveit  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 4:19:12 PM(UTC)
grieveit

Its past time for locality pay to be ended
Fed1969  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 7:58:26 PM(UTC)
Fed1969

grieveit wrote:

Why should we end locality pay for high cost areas?
The HalfBreed  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 8:29:29 PM(UTC)
The HalfBreed

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Could it be that grieveit is experiencing Sour Grapes ?

Maybe he's not receiving a higher value, and falls under the RUS catagory ?

Even then, he's receiving locality pay, albeit at a lower rate, which is currently an additional 14.16% increase in his pay.

Maybe he wants a 14.16% pay cut.

RETIRED 12/19/2012 !!! Good Bye Tension !!! Hello Pension !!!
martyb  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 9:49:14 PM(UTC)
martyb

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

grieveit isn't receiving any locality pay because he is maxkettor, actually, Dan M. Ketter, an old forum troll here.  He's not a federal employee, he's retired military who trolls around several fed-oriented forums on the internet, denigrating federal employees every chance he gets.  On fedsmith, you'll seem him posing as lazycs, and a few others.  He can't seem to stay away from here for very long.  
martyb2012-03-24 05:56:15
Forum trolls to 0%
The HalfBreed  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 10:25:49 AM(UTC)
The HalfBreed

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I remember that name (he was/is an idiot).

It's sad when his life sux so much that this is his main recreation.

Truly sad.

The HalfBreed2012-03-24 18:31:30
RETIRED 12/19/2012 !!! Good Bye Tension !!! Hello Pension !!!
grieveit  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 5:26:39 AM(UTC)
grieveit

martyb wrote:
grieveit isn't receiving any locality pay because he is maxkettor, actually, Dan M. Ketter, an old forum troll here.  He's not a federal employee, he's retired military who trolls around several fed-oriented forums on the internet, denigrating federal employees every chance he gets.  On fedsmith, you'll seem him posing as lazycs, and a few others.  He can't seem to stay away from here for very long.  
don't pay any attention to him breed marnie is an over achiever, Spent 0 years as an ART and got out as an E-5. Hes the same one who thinks he can use his CS orders to shop the commissary while TDY and doesn't think ARTS should have to wear uniforms
grieveit  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 5:28:03 AM(UTC)
grieveit

The HalfBreed wrote:

Truly sad.
Yea I've read most of your posts...grievit too warm grievit, too shady grievit,  no tips grievit grieveit2012-03-25 13:33:33
oktoots  
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 5:40:59 AM(UTC)
oktoots

grieveit wrote:
The HalfBreed wrote:

Truly sad.
Yea I've read most of your posts...grievit too warm grievit, too shady grievit,  no tips grievit

Locality pay is only fair, especially when you consider states like Alaska and Hawaii, where the cost of living is sky high. Now that I've dealt with the thread subject...Max, you have been outed by a few more people. I have always said you have an angry/envious/judgemental (usually incorrect) agenda against civil service employees. Part of it comes from not being selected once you got out of the service, the rest is just a bitter hit-and-run poster of "nattering nabobs of negativism"Wacko (Spiro Agnew).   
multiple identities to 0%
grieveit  
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 6:56:47 AM(UTC)
grieveit

Fed1969 wrote:
grieveit wrote:

Why should we end locality pay for high cost areas?
The Supreme Court has determined that all employee's must receive equal pay for equal work. locality pay vitiates that determination and law
grieveit  
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 7:02:19 AM(UTC)
grieveit

oktoots wrote:
grieveit wrote:
The HalfBreed wrote:

Truly sad.
Yea I've read most of your posts...grievit too warm grievit, too shady grievit,  no tips grievit

Locality pay is only fair, especially when you consider states like Alaska and Hawaii, where the cost of living is sky high. Now that I've dealt with the thread subject...Max, you have been outed by a few more people. I have always said you have an angry/envious/judgemental (usually incorrect) agenda against civil service employees. Part of it comes from not being selected once you got out of the service, the rest is just a bitter hit-and-run poster of "nattering nabobs of negativism"Wacko (Spiro Agnew).   
The forum Bully is back in force. If you can't add to the discussion then go pay with some one with your lower IQ. The fact that you dont understand that the govt is required by law to pay equally for equal work. Find me a statue that says locality pay complies with any federal law
martyb  
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 10:20:24 AM(UTC)
martyb

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Do you mean a "statute" max?  Or don't you know the difference between a statue and a statute?  Also, you are clueless about my military career.  Although Halfbreed and I differ on politics, we do agree with your status of idiot.
Forum trolls to 0%
oktoots  
#13 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 12:32:33 PM(UTC)
oktoots

I'll second thatLOL. Max, you are an idiot. I don't know if any statues can speak, except maybe a Golem, but if they could they would tell you that I added to the discussion by giving my opinion on the locality pay that has been in effect for years. Equal pay for equal work is something that all employers, including the Federal govt. strive for.

And I can arrange to "pay someone with a lower I.Q." , if you're interested in the jobLOL. After all, DanMax, you've never worked for the Fed. govt. before. Now, I don't want to "bully" you into it.

oktoots  
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 12:56:32 PM(UTC)
oktoots

Grieveit/Max, here's your statue, I mean statute: www.opm.gov/feddata/html/paystructure/2004/fepca1990.asp  It also applies to employees in hard to fill positions, as well as geographic areas. 
Rss Feed  Atom Feed