Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rikaku  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 5:06:24 AM(UTC)
Rikaku

Groups: Registered

I notice that USAJobs has constant announcements for GSA 1102s and was wondering if any one here has any info on what being a GSA 1102, or working for GSA in general, is like? They have a lot of good locations -- NYC, Seattle, San Fran, Dallas, Chi -- that I would be interested in. Also, how does the current budget situation effect GSA? From what I understand, GSA is non-appropriated and receives funds primarily from the revenue it makes by selling to other agencies, but if other agencies are getting their budgets scaled back that will impact GSA too. Are there any concerns or talks of lay-offs? 

jayro83  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 10:20:51 PM(UTC)
jayro83

Its a good career to get into right now, compared to the other agencies we are not as bad when it come to funding, but it depends on which division you work in.  I work in real estate and we are constantly hiring b/c its a stressful and high turnover job at time(b/c of mgmt).  the 1102 field is great to get in now and i know they are hiring in SF.   If i were you and if thats what you want to do, now is a good time to apply...

Rikaku  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:29:53 AM(UTC)
Rikaku

Thanks for the advice and feedback. I am still interested in maybe working with GSA one day, but the current scandal has me kind of hesitant. Have you noticed any change at the local level? Do you anticipate any major budget cuts and layoffs because of what happened? 
jayro83  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 6:48:21 AM(UTC)
jayro83

Due to the scandal, all hiring is postponed until otherwise...  I am guessing until the scandal blows over all hiring is stopped, i know in the western region.  In the east i dont know about.  This scandal will affect the whole fed govt and especially gsa.  All training is cancelled and travel, its a shame what happen.  Now it will go from one pendelum to the next.  This is a time of no rationalization.  I wish you luck...

jayro832012-04-20 14:55:47
Rss Feed  Atom Feed